Defensive Carry banner

Sig P938

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  indykid 
#1 ·
Anyone get their hands on the new Sig P938!? I'd love to hear how it shoots!

#4 ·
I've got two of the Extremes...took them to the range Sunday...put fifty rounds through each of them without a hiccup,
used both the six and seven round mags. The grip is more comfortable with the seven.
Couldn't feel a significant difference in recoil from my 238. They're definitely a winner.

#5 ·
I have the Nightmare P938. Recoil is easily manageable. Trigger wasn't as smooth as the P238 but I am still breaking it in. 225 rounds with 3 failures to return to battery.

Almost as small as a P238 but it pokes out of the back pocket of my jeans.

Accuracy towards the end of the session was much better since I was getting used to the stiffer trigger.

#8 ·
Thanks. I'm looking at both the Walther PPS and the Sig P938 as my next 9mm carry gun. I currently own a Kahr CW9 and love it's reliability and size but there are some things I'd like a little different. Such as the mag release (why I'm looking at the PPS), the backstrap length (PPS has modular backstraps), and the trigger (P938 is single action). I understand both guns are made in different actions and historically I've not been a fan of a safety on a carry gun, but if I get an amazing trigger in return for having to train to disengage a safety I'll consider it. How do you like the trigger on the P938 stacked against a striker fired DAO gun?

#10 ·
sig p938 nightmare

My girls supprised me with a new sig nightmare p938 for fathers day. We spent about 4 hours at the range sunday after church.
We put about 200 rounds through the gun. The little gun shoots very good. We shot 4 different types of ammo through it.

We put around 100 rounds of Winchester 115 grain white box from walmart.
Then tried some Winchester 115 grain SXZ9 ran about 50 rounds through the gun with too many fail to transfer or load too count. Ran 50 more of the Winchester 115 grain white box from walmart only two fail to load.
Ran 20 Hornady Zombie Max 115 grain through it without any problems at all.
Tried the SXZ 9 again only to have more fail to load.

I ran a few more winchester white box and some more of the zombie bullets through it and it worked great.

Im trying to put a picture on here also. Maybe i can figure that out soon.

#11 ·
I picked one up on Sunday and put 100 flawless rounds through it. I was able to dance a water bottle around at 10-15 yards. I've had Kahr PM9, Kimber Solo, Smith Shield and this one is a keeper. I love the 1911 platform and in my IWB holster this is the easiest to carry.

I have an Extreme and will buy a second one just like it when I can find it!

Everyday carry Tool Fashion accessory

#12 ·
I picked one up on Sunday and put 100 flawless rounds through it. I was able to dance a water bottle around at 10-15 yards. I've had Kahr PM9, Kimber Solo, Smith Shield and this one is a keeper. I love the 1911 platform and in my IWB holster this is the easiest to carry.

I have an Extreme and will buy a second one just like it when I can find it!

View attachment 60050
I'm curious how what handgun you first trained with? I'm used to DAO's with no safety so I'm not comfortable with handguns with safeties. Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.