PX4 Storm Compact or Nano??

This is a discussion on PX4 Storm Compact or Nano?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good evening, I've been thinking a great deal on which one of these pistols I want. I own a Walther PPQ and a Taurus 85. ...

Thread: PX4 Storm Compact or Nano??

PX4 Storm Compact or Nano??

Good evening, I've been thinking a great deal on which one of these pistols I want. I own a Walther PPQ and a Taurus 85. The Taurus usually pulls ccdw duty this time of year as I get tired of lugging around my Walther all the time. I like the concealability of the nano, however I love the capacity vs. size of the PX4. I don't want the subcompact because I am a lefty and like the ambi slide release on the compact. I'm just not sure I want to pack the storm around iwb all the time. A local gunsmith kinda gave me a new perspective. He told me if its small, and can be put into a back pocket, odds are it will always be with you. So I'm asking you guys, what is your take on it? What would you suggest and why? Note that I'm not totally against other options but they must be lefty friendly and fit the same niche. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Here's my take on the double take sub compact vs single stack compact thing. I currently EDC a G26. It's comfortable to carry (and ask anyone on these forums, they will till you I am a massive sissy when it comes to size and weight of my EDC) and conceals very well without having to change my wardrobe to dress around the gun. I like not only have 10+1 in the but I like the option to carry a full size mag as backup. Right now I have a G17 mag with a +2 base plate so thats 19 rounds in my spare mag. That is a LOT of fire power. It's also a LOT of firepower that I will PROBABLY never need. That being said I like having it anyway. I recently became interested in the Springfield XDS (single stack) because of the slimmer size. Problem is...Lower capacity and same weight as my 26. So, this is the decision I finally came to. I'm going to wait for the XDS to come out in 9mm. If it is less then 4.5 inches tall, 7+1 capacity (with optional 8 round mags) and weighs in at 20oz giver or take I will pick one up and consider it for EDC carry.

It sounds like the question your asking is "Is it worth giving up the increased capacity of the storm to have a auto that's about 30 percent smaller and easier to carry". I would ask your self this - Do you feel like you have enough firepower when you carry your Taurus 85? If the answer is yes that it seems like the nano would be a good fit for you. If the answer is no then maybe the storm would be the better option.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

the storm if your taking a poll

Edit : I take that back.... get a glock

I can carry the Glock 26, 30, or 36 in the winter, but once it gets hot I used to switch the Kahr PM9, but I now carry the Beretta Nano I got a couple of weeks ago.
    Beretta Nano; Glock 36, and 30; Kahr PM9

I'm a lefty with a SC PX4 and have no issue with the slide. I have tried to carry it IWB in a Fist #19 holster. Between the thickness of the gun and leather being to thick on the holster it don't get carried, very uncomfortable. If I squeezed the holster together it's almost as thick or about the same as my double layered gun belt that's almost 1/4 inch thick. I carry an all steel government size 1911 .45acp IWB with no issue's. I would buy the Nano instead if you want to carry it everyday.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

IMHO you are always more likely to carry DAILY what is most comfortable. I'm thinking the Nano is the way to go.. This subject always bring to mind the old adadge that the best weapon to protect yourself is a 12 gauge, or maybe an AR-15. ...But it's a little uncomfortable to sit down when its time for lunch.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

KSP
    For me, it was easy. Nano is dao and I believe easier to carry/conceal. I like my nano.

Links