Thinnest doublestack 9mm/40S&W handgun ???????>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Thinnest doublestack 9mm/40S&W handgun ???????>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of adding a thin doublestack 9/40 to my collection. Is the Keltec P11 / P40 the thinnest, lightest, and smallest currently available ??? I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thinnest doublestack 9mm/40S&W handgun ???????>>>>>>

Thumbs up Thinnest doublestack 9mm/40S&W handgun ???????>>>>>>

Thinking of adding a thin doublestack 9/40 to my collection. Is the Keltec P11 / P40 the thinnest, lightest, and smallest currently available ??? I used to have one and did not have any problems with it, but sold it and am thinking of getting another one. When I had one, I used the Keltec P11 12 round magazine and used the +1 extension from the P40 to carry 13+1. What else is out there that is similar besides the G26/27, and Springfield XD9SC / XD40SC ??? I currently have a Sig P250 9mm SubCompact on layaway and just wanted to see my other options. Thanks for any info. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

If you're considering the Sig 250, then look at the CZ75 series... just a tad (0.08") wider, but quite a gun.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Take a look at the CZ Rami 2075 BD. My wife loves hers (9mm). Gotta admit, it is a great little weapon! About the same dimensions as an M&P40c.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member
    Get the p11 I think it is the smallest double stack...but I believe the DB9 is the smallest nine now in single stack..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

+1 for CZ 75's

I had a Sig P250 and sold it (honestly because I discovered that I don't really like DAO, but the thing was a BRICK). I replaced it with a Sigpro 2022 that I like a lot more, but it's still not the thinnest gun around.

I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom, and I would probably tattoo the model number on my forehead. I LOVE my Phantom. They're thin (not Walther PPS thin, but hey) and very ergonomic. Plus, the polymer furniture in the Phantom makes for a considerably lighter package than the its all-steel brothers.

Browning BDM.
    reade likes this.

Keltec P11 is the lightest double stack at 14 oz and is much smaller than a Glock 26.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I would shoot the Kel Tec before you buy it. Very uncomfortable if not painful gun to shoot.
    ironmike86 and accessbob like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Not a big Taurus fan myself, but the MILLENNIUM PRO™ 111 is 1.1 inches wide and less than 19 oz. at 12+1. The discontinued Ti version was 16 oz. at. 1.25 inches wide and 12+1.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would shoot the Kel Tec before you buy it. Very uncomfortable if not painful gun to shoot.

Actually I used to have a Keltec P11 and had no problems with it or shooting it, on a whim I just decided to sell it, but am considerng it again; since it was so small but had a lot of firepower in such a small package carrying 13+1. I am also not recoil sensitive and have several small light wight guns like the Keltec PF9, Diamondback DB9, Kahr PM9, etc. that are supposedly even more painful to shoot than the Keltec P11 but I find them actually nice too shoot. Everyone thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming !!! God Bless

VIP Member
    I'll second the CZ line, either the 75 series, or the RAMI. As for the Kel Tec, the P11 is still available. They dropped the P40 years back. While I had not problems with the one I had, they were known to be problematic. They also were no fun to shoot.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The Kahr PM9 is smaller and thinner than a P-11. The P-11 is .9 oz lighter though. The PM9 is also smaller than the DB other than width. The width of the DB is .8". The PM9 is .9". The DB is 4 oz lighter too.

In my experience it would be the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9. Fit my hands like a glove too... couldn't miss with it.

The sccy cpx1 and 2 are pretty much clones of the Keltec p11, but with a better trigger.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    The Kahr PM9 is smaller and thinner than a P-11. The P-11 is .9 oz lighter though. The PM9 is also smaller than the DB other than width. The width of the DB is .8". The PM9 is .9". The DB is 4 oz lighter too.

Thanks but I am looking for doublestack and already have both the Kahr PM9 and Diamondback DB9. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    In my experience it would be the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9. Fit my hands like a glove too... couldn't miss with it.

The sccy cpx1 and 2 are pretty much clones of the Keltec p11, but with a better trigger.

Thanks I totally forgot about the SCCY's. The 2nd Generation feel and look better than the 1st generation ones and from what I have read have been very reliable and good reviews. Not that expensive either, I have seen them for under $300. God Bless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links