Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

This is a discussion on Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered the .40 from A LGS for $395. I hope it don't to long to come in. They only stay on the shelf ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

I just ordered the .40 from A LGS for $395. I hope it don't to long to come in. They only stay on the shelf for about 2 hours when they come in

2. Remove Ads

Mine came in last week, Ive got 200 rounds of target ammo threw it without a hiccup, So far so good. Now if I could only find a holster ?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Now if I could only find a holster ?
    Remora - 4A ART RFT.
    Econometrics likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I prefer the Sticky Holster over the Remora, but like anything it's personal preference.

Congrats on the Shield, love mine as well!

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I love mine, I've been carrying daily.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

I have a 40 cal on special order from the store. 389.95 less my discount......we are backordered 2 guns right now. We;ve had the 9mm guns in and they flew out the door at 420.00
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I picked My shield up on May 7th, but I have not been able to shoot it yet. Gonna rectify that this weekend. I just got a belt holster from the S&W website. Its the Desantis 3 slot belt holster. you cant get them from the Desantis website But S&W has them in stock. 199490000_lg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's still one more possible point of failure. I'm not criticizing anyone that chooses to carry a firearm with a thumb safety, just not for me. While your right that it will probably never be accidental knocked out of position, Mr. Murphy has a bad habit of showing up at the worst times.
    Well put. I agree.

Just for my information, can the thumb safety be removed?

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    Just for my information, can the thumb safety be removed?
    Probably can be. If you have seen any reviews or heard comments from people who own a Shield, the safety has a very positive click so it most likely will not engage by accident. Most people who don't like safeties will leave the safety off. I don't care for a safety either and as confident I am the safety will not engage on my Shield, I put myself at ease even more by putting a plug I made between the switch and the slide. NO way that safety is coming on now. I used a foam/rubber gripper foot that used for the bottom of furniture on wood floors. I just cut it to size. It is adhesive on one side and stuck it to the top of the lever. The slide rides over the top of it. Works great.

reade likes this.

I stumbled onto a Shield at a small gunshop in my town. I was looking for a gift for the wife for our 25th Anniversary. The had just arrived in the shop and was not even displayed yet. This gun will fits my wife's collection of M&P's and her purse quite well.

Comptach, Fobus, Galco and Crossbreed all make hosters for the Shield in case anyone needs to know.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Quote Originally Posted by Glockanista View Post
    I stumbled onto a Shield at a small gunshop in my town... The had just arrived in the shop and was not even displayed yet...
    I kinda lucked out, too! Walked in the LGS the day after the Shield was released, and he had one in the display case. I said "Holy ****! I just heard about that gun yesterday, and you've got one??? He had four. I got #2, and the other two were gone the next day. He hasn't been able to get another one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockanista View Post
    Comptach, Fobus, Galco and Crossbreed all make hosters for the Shield in case anyone needs to know.
    Hi Noon is stocking several models, too. I'll be ordering a Bare Assets within the next couple of days.

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    Our range owner has a friend whose life was saved by the grip safety on an XD. BG grabbed someone's XD and tried to fire it while in a fight. BG tried to fire the gun with improper grip, wouldn't fire, and he was subdued by an officer & the friend that had the gun pointed at his face by the BG and a LEO at the scene. The good guy was very thankful for the grip safety that kept the XD from firing.

Sorry for interrupting, just wanted to share this about the XD grip safety feature.
    You take this as a positive thing, that the XD failed to fire in a gunfight because of an improper grip? It's certainly positive that a good guy wasn't killed, but it's an absolute failure of the weapon. Bad guys aren't the only ones who might not have the perfect grip in a fast and violent lethal force encounter. Thank God my pistols (Glocks) don't have stupid "safety" features on them that could get me killed.

I think you kinda proved Rollo's point.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I picked one up NIB never fired from a private party for 425. Extremely happy with the purchase and the gun. Looks good and shoots good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    You take this as a positive thing, that the XD failed to fire in a gunfight because of an improper grip? It's certainly positive that a good guy wasn't killed, but it's an absolute failure of the weapon. Bad guys aren't the only ones who might not have the perfect grip in a fast and violent lethal force encounter. Thank God my pistols (Glocks) don't have stupid "safety" features on them that could get me killed.

I think you kinda proved Rollo's point.
    More like a failure of the operator and not a failure of the gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links