Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

This is a discussion on Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I found someone on a local forum who was selling a brand new, never fired, M&P Shield 9mm (he was trying to get something ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

Distinguished Member

Another satisfied Shield customer...Wow!

Well, I found someone on a local forum who was selling a brand new, never fired, M&P Shield 9mm (he was trying to get something for pocket carry and it wasn't quite small enough for his liking). I've been seeing all of the reviews and have been drooling, hoping to get one for my wife (who currently has a full size S&W Sigma 9F but it is kinda big for her to lug around). So I saw the ad, responded and came away today with it for $400. Not the greatest price around but also not the worst and still below MSRP.

After I got home, my wife and I took a quick trip to our gun club range and tried it out. She let me take the first shot as she was still kind of leery of something that size since she had a KelTec PF9 and it hurt her hand/wrist. So I fired it and, immediately I just swooned. It was so nice and so little recoil compared to the PF9. She took the next 6 shots and when we looked, we had hit a fairly good grouping for the first time firing it. My wife was very happy and stated that we finally found the right gun for her. And I told her that I now want to get one for me too. It is definitely a great, small, pistol.

So, tonight I'll be ordering up her Remora holster (fortunately the Remora she has for her 9F will work temporarily for the Shield, even though the bottom extends a bit beyond the Shield's barrel).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

The look on both of your faces must have been priceless!

Congrats on the M&P Shield!

I love mine and now I must buy one for the wife. She loves it too.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The look on both of your faces must have been priceless!
    I'm sure it was. I should have had the video camera recording it. It is nice to find just what you like. I like my full size M&P45, but I am looking forward to the day when I can get a Shield for me too so I have a choice for fitting to the clothes instead of the other way around.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I like the idea of the shield but I just don't think I will give up my CW9. If i didn't already have a great carry gun I'd jump on one.
    BugDude likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I like the idea of the shield but I just don't think I will give up my CW9. If i didn't already have a great carry gun I'd jump on one.
    If you get an opportunity to shoot one, take it. Just to see how it compares. I've never shot the CW9 so I can't give you any good idea of whether it is better, the same, or worse. All I know is what I have shot and this is better than those.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    If you get an opportunity to shoot one, take it. Just to see how it compares. I've never shot the CW9 so I can't give you any good idea of whether it is better, the same, or worse. All I know is what I have shot and this is better than those.
    I don't think I will. I don't want to "need" another gun. ; )
    ericb327, Moops and Chad Rogers like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    So I saw the ad, responded and came away today with it for $400. Not the greatest price around but also not the worst and still below MSRP.
    Actually you got a really good deal for that Shield. The original release shipment of Shields from S&W has been depleted. They are hard to come by now so it is a sellers market and they are being over-marked because of the low supply and high demand. Consider yourself fortunate to get that price.

I like mine enough to be on the hunt for a second one right now :)

Every time I see a glowing review of the shield it makes me sad. Not because I am unhappy that someone has found a gun they like, but because I would own one in a heartbeat if it weren't for that damn thumb safety...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Every time I see a glowing review of the shield it makes me sad. Not because I am unhappy that someone has found a gun they like, but because I would own one in a heartbeat if it weren't for that damn thumb safety...
    Its not gonna go off/on by accident. I don't even use it. Never gets knocked outta position, and I pocket carry mine

Mods please block or delete all these threads until (yeah right) this Damn backwards state of.CA gets it on the list of approved handguns...I WANT (at least) ONE!!!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

KSP
    Arghhhh..... Another gun I HAVE to get.

Congrats on getting the Shield, I wanted one but wasn't patient enough to wait so I went with an SR40c. I'm extremely pleased with it......maybe the Shield will find it's way to me in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Its not gonna go off/on by accident. I don't even use it. Never gets knocked outta position, and I pocket carry mine
    It's still one more possible point of failure. I'm not criticizing anyone that chooses to carry a firearm with a thumb safety, just not for me. While your right that it will probably never be accidental knocked out of position, Mr. Murphy has a bad habit of showing up at the worst times.
    10thmtn, Vaquero 45 and SWIll like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

It's looking better every day. I have even been contemplating on trading my PPS for one.
    SHUSH, please don't let the guys on the Walther forum know I wrote this.....
    Philly Boy and BritishAgent like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links