Question for Glock gurus

Question for Glock gurus

This is a discussion on Question for Glock gurus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my 32 this morning, and plan to run it at tomorrow's match. The gun came with two mags, of course, but I will ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By Danimal

Thread: Question for Glock gurus

Question for Glock gurus

Just got my 32 this morning, and plan to run it at tomorrow's match. The gun came with two mags, of course, but I will need a third. A Glock 32 is not exactly mainstream around here, but a 23 is. So I snagged a 23 magazine. With a SIG or M&P, 357 SIG and 40 mags are identical, and are one and the same, marked either or on the mags. But Glock 40 and 357 mags have different part numbers. So, will a 23 mag work in a 32? I am pretty sure they will, but would like confirmation.

Yes, it'll work just fine.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I know the 357sig and .40 glock mags in the 23 are interchangeable bc a 357sig is just a necked down .40 casing so I would assume they are.

I also know that the glock mags from the full size versions work in the sub compacts glock 22 mag>glock23 gun
    1 gun 1 reload 1 knife
    If 27 .40cal Hornady Critical Defense cant save me, only God can.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    In my manual from 1993 it has a table of parts that are not compatible with my model. Not sure if they still have this. Or if the mags are considered.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

The mags are the same except for the markings.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

you will know right away if they don't work

yes, you can use G22 15 rd, G23 13 round in a G32. .357 SIG is just a necked down .40, so the case size is the same as a .40 SW before it tapers up to the bullet. Glock labels their mags .357 and .40, but they should do like Smith & Wesson does and put both .357/.40 on the mag so there is no confusion.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Yes 357 and 40 mags use the same feed lips on a glock magazine. But Sig Sauer uses different magazines for their 357 sig and 40 S&W versions of the same model. And they are different.

VIP Member
    Don't worry bud it will work just fine.... Enjoy...
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Just got my 32 this morning, and plan to run it at tomorrow's match. The gun came with two mags, of course, but I will need a third. A Glock 32 is not exactly mainstream around here, but a 23 is. So I snagged a 23 magazine. With a SIG or M&P, 357 SIG and 40 mags are identical, and are one and the same, marked either or on the mags. But Glock 40 and 357 mags have different part numbers. So, will a 23 mag work in a 32? I am pretty sure they will, but would like confirmation.
    There are a few questions left before determining a verdict here. What gen Glock, and what gen mag? The 357SIG is a 9mm in a necked down 40S&W case. Magazines are sized for the overall case, especially the case head. There were days when you could find a Glock magazine specifically stamped with 40/357. They didn't last long on the market. I figure the followers have changed for many of the Glock mags in any caliber over the years.
    We all know how to break down the word 'assume' by now. "They should" is still an assumption.
    you will know right away if they don't work
    This is a fact.
    I can't honestly give you a definitive answer with the information given. Then there's the play by play ordeal where it's worked fine for 300+ rounds, then all of the sudden (when follower gives out)...it won't work any more.
    Mix and match may frequently outsmart the system...thing is.....folks get rather upset when beat the system quits working.

I'm no "guru"......just throwing down 2 to save a dollar.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    yes, G23 mags work in a G32.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

They do not use the same follower. However, they are interchangeable. You can load .40 SW in a Glock .357 sig, and you can load .357 sig into a .40 SW mag. In addition, due to the difference in the follower, you get a +1 across the board when you load .357 sig into .40 SW mags. For example, you can load 10 .357 sig rounds into a G27 mag, 14 .357 sig rounds into a G23 mag, and 16 .357 sig rounds into a G22 mag.

Just wanted to clarify that these are on my .357 sig #2 followers. Wanted to also add that I have never had any kind of feeding issues interchanging the mags.

I think they (.357 sig magazines) now come with a #1 follower.

Interesting video:

G32 Reliability test-FTF Issue Resolved, Hopefully - YouTube

And some pics from my stash:

DontTreadOnI likes this.

Sponsored Links