Great Value: Cz.82 pistol

This is a discussion on Great Value: Cz.82 pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MilitaryArms
  • 1 Post By 380ACP
  • 1 Post By lowercase

Thread: Great Value: Cz.82 pistol

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Great Value: Cz.82 pistol

Cory1022 likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

Good review. I have had one for years, and it has never failed to feed, failed to eject, or malfunctioned in any way. I have at least 500 rounds thru mine, and would not part with it. When I got it, they were selling at $179, but now are a tad over $200, which is a bargain. Holsters are available from some makers, as it is a close fit to one of the Berettas, but not hard to find for CCW.

Super easy to field strip, and the felt recoil is almost non-existant. The gun is not light, solid steel, which helps tame the recoil but also requires a pretty sturdy rig and belt to handle the weight. I honestly can shoot the CZ as well as the G19 and better than the G26. It is a part of my carry rotation, as it is one of my pistols that has never had a failure. When you can grab a solid steel pistol, with polygonal rifleing (Kahr has it at $600+) that has a solid reputation of not failing, with a capacity of 12 rounds for under $225....you'd be smart to jump on it! I fully expect them to be in the East German Makarov in the next year or so, where they sell for $400+ and everyone wishes they got one when they were cheap!

Great, now I want another gun.
    Cory1022 likes this.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    Great, now I want another gun.
    LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    Cory1022 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The CZ82 has been one of if not the best bargain in a quality made handgun for many years now since they came on the surplus market. Where else will you find a modern, all steel, extremely reliable handgun made by a quality manufacturer (CZ) for around $250 with shipping. Another great reason to have a C&R FFL. I own 2 now myself, and sold a couple others to friends. I have been singing their praises for many years now.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

The only negative is a partial one: they used to sell with 2 magazines, cleaning rod and holster and lanyard. Most now only come with (1) magazine, and only some with a holster, which is sometimes the flap rig, and sometimes the black leather police holster and spare magazine holder for a duty belt. The spare magazines generally bring $30-$35 each on the auction sites, and have also gone up from the $20-25 from a year or so ago. Still plentiful and easy to find. Holsters are more easily found with smaller makers: the Bianchis and Galcos generally only offer universal style nylon rigs, but many smaller makers offer molded leather for the CZ82 or CZ83.

The CZ83 is identical but chambered for the .380 round, even accepts the same magazines as the CZ82. NOTE: aftermarket mags are less expensive and pretty easy to find, but some report reliability issues using them. The CZ83 is also priced in the $400 area already, which shows you where the price for the CZ82 is headed. And even Wal-Mart sells 9mm Makarov ammo...and it's way cheaper than 9mm or 380!

Now....go out and buy one, and prove us wrong that it's one of the best shooting guns out there, surplus market or not!

Mine is in my waistband, every day. Bit on the heavy side at two pounds, but thirteen rounds of 9x18 is worth the trade-off.
    A true quality pistol- including the trigger, which is just awesome. My son likes it even better than that on his 75B.

The gun is worth twice what they sell for, gonna get me another one (or two...)

Links