Replacing an M&P 9c? - Page 2

Replacing an M&P 9c?

This is a discussion on Replacing an M&P 9c? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spirit4earth Swood, I was robbed! I paid WAY too much for my M&P! Sorry to hear that. Lawmen's has a decent selection ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Replacing an M&P 9c?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Swood, I was robbed! I paid WAY too much for my M&P!
    Sorry to hear that. Lawmen's has a decent selection and really good pricing on everything I've paid attention to. Definitely worth calling to check out when you figure out what you want. Only in-state residents can buy at the store, but I heard them on the phone once w/ a guy doing a transfer, so that might be an option for other out-of-state folks.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sheilded Holsters Double Phalanx

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Same boat.

My M&P Compacts were too wide and heavy for all day CCW.

Sold them and my Micro Desert Eagle, along with my Ruger LCR when the rumors of the Shield
    began floating around.

This new 9mm will give me a gun that's lighter than the Compacts and my RAMIs, and much thinner by all accounts,

More capacity than the MDE or LCR and faster reloads with superior (XS Tritium) sights.

19.0 ounces sounds ideal for this package!

I have the LCP, Shield and the 9c. For me, the Shield is a great in between gun that I seem to be able to carry about 90% of the time - especially this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Does anyone know what Ruger's warranty is?
    Ruger doesn't have a warranty but their customer service is top notch. If you have a problem with a Ruger pistol, they will make it right.
    10thmtn likes this.

shield or cm9

Thanks swood!! I'll try positioning mine closer to 9:00 and see what happens.

I find that once I'm dressed and out of the door with the 9c I don't mind it much, but it's large enough for me to comfortably know its there.

If I'm running late though, it's always the LCP!!

I change my mind on this topic multiple times daily, it seems.... In the mornings the M&Pc seems too annoying to dress around, by the afternoon if I am carrying the M&P I'm used to it and enjoy knowing I've got a serious defensive pistol (vice LCP) but by the evening when I get home I throw the M&P in the safe ASAP, whereas with an LCP I literally forget its ever there.

I'm all caffeinated up this afternoon so at this current moment I feel like I should just suck it up and stop by the mall on the way home to buy a dozen concealment garments and call it good.

OP, FWIW I feel MUCH safer when I've got my M&P with me and shady characters start appearing. There have been times when my wife and I have been out and thugs start coming out of the woodwork; I always feel desperately under gunned with my LCP when there are lots of potential bad guys around.

I wish I knew the right answer, I'm searching myself. I handled a Kahr CM9 at lunch and while it was much smaller than the M&Pc, it's still too big for pocket carry.... Thus IWB and concealment garment still needed. If that's the case then I'd rather keep my M&P and have 13 rounds ready to launch vice the 7 in a Kahr.

OP, the only thing I can recommend at this time is don't just sell your M&P for an LCP, that's not the answer.

Anyone with one of those itty bitty 9mms want to chime in? Like the diamondback, Kahr's, nano etc? Are they worth trading down to?

I just sold my 9c on Sunday. I replaced it with a S&W 442. On paper the 442 is the same size, but in reality the 442 is a dream to carry and the 9c stunk in my opinion. I have the full size M&P and don't find much of a difference in carry between the compact and full size. So I sold the 9c and kept my full size.
    I figured sell it while I could because the used prices of the 9c have already dropped like a rock, due to the shield debut. I will probably buy a Shield sometime later in the year.

I tried the LC9 and BG380 before the 442 and did not like either and sold them both.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Anyone with one of those itty bitty 9mms want to chime in? Like the diamondback, Kahr's, nano etc? Are they worth trading down to?
    As I said before, I had the 9C and traded down to the CM9. Pocket carried it for a while and holster carried too. Funny enough though, I ultimately went back to 1911's for EDC. Weight doesn't bother me, and the thin profile of the 1911 is easily concealed. But the Kahr was a reliable pistol and for what it is, it is a good choice.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I really thought I wanted an M&P 9c until I fondled one. It was reminiscent of the Glock 30 that felt like a brick. I now carry a Walther PPS. Fantastically slim and light, and a great shooter. I live in Florida and wear shorts and a tee all year round. The Walther is very comfortable and easy to carry. The M&P Shield is dimensionally similar and would carry just as well.

If you like to pocket carry; look at the Ruger LC9. The trigger is not as nice as the Shield or PPS, but it has melted corners, and is very easy to pocket carry.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have the kahr cm9 and I'm also in western NC (Boone) and would be happy to let you shoot it. I might even consider trading if you like it. I have huge hands so it isn't quite as comfortable as I'd like it to be. It's a great gun but it was a spur of the moment purchase that's just wasn't quite right for me.

i would keep you M&P and get a Ruger lcp or lcr..i pocket carry both very easily in a Desantis Nemesis..i paid $299.00 for the lcp and $399.00 for the lcr..if your able to save up more a little more money,the Kahr cm9 is a awsome pocket 9mm.

I bought an M&P Shield 9mm for my wife, and it is every bit as accurate as a 9c, smaller, lighter, thinner, and much better trigger. I like hers so much I'm getting one in 40 for myself. Here's a couple of comparison pics:

Shield1.jpgShield2.jpg

I.M.O. lcp has too long of a trigger pull and breaks nasty............. with shorts it my g26 in a galco king tuk or my don hume j.i.t. Any other time its my g23
    Glock 23 Gen3-- Mepro Light Tru Glo night sights-Polished Internals-3.5 lb connector-6 lb trigger return spring Extended slide release lever-Stainless steel guide rod-Pierce grip plug
    Glock 26 gen3--
    Pierce +2 mag extension w/ finger groove

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    I have the kahr cm9 and I'm also in western NC (Boone) and would be happy to let you shoot it. I might even consider trading if you like it. I have huge hands so it isn't quite as comfortable as I'd like it to be. It's a great gun but it was a spur of the moment purchase that's just wasn't quite right for me.
    Maybe if you're ever in Asheville, I'll check it out. If I'm going to be stuck with my 9c, I might prefer a .380 as a second gun. I need to head over to On Target and try one!

I'll also look at the Shield, but is it really that much smaller/lighter?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links