Liking my new Kahr

This is a discussion on Liking my new Kahr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I finally took possession of my new Kahr CM9 yesterday. As recommended by Kahr, I disassembled and cleaned it before heading to the range ...

Thread: Liking my new Kahr

Liking my new Kahr

Hello,
    I finally took possession of my new Kahr CM9 yesterday. As recommended by Kahr, I disassembled and cleaned it before heading to the range for the 200 round break in session. In 2 hours, I put all 200 through it. It was nearly flawless. I had one round that hung the slide up. Other than that...flawless. The accuracy was great (a couple of inches at 25 feet). It is quite comfortable in the hand and I really like the sights. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

2. Remove Ads

CM9 is a great little gun. Congrats.

just a heads up....any time you get a new gun, its SOP to post up a pic of your new acquisition for all to see.
    Kinda like an adult "show and tell".....otherwise, the "No picture" Gestapo will come get you.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Kahr CM9 is number 2 on my super star tag team list of all time greatest carry pistols.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Kahr CM9 is number 2 on my super star tag team list of all time greatest carry pistols.
    It's number 3 on my list. The PM9 is #2. Glock 19, number one. I think the PM9 is worth the extra money. Better barrel, better machining on the slide, dovetailed front sight and a better slide stop lever (also the take down lever.)
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Congrats on the new pistol. Got one in my collection too. Like it's been said, one of the great little subcompact 9s out there; excellent trigger on the pistol too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Great addition. I debated between the pm9 or cm9. I couldn't find a lgs with a cm9 to fondle, but stumbled upon a lightly used pm9 with night sights so I jumped on it.

I've had it to the range and it shot well except for a few hiccups. But, I don't know if the previous owner broke it in properly or not. So, a few more range trips are in order before I know if all is well.
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    CM9 is a great little gun. Congrats.

just a heads up....any time you get a new gun, its SOP to post up a pic of your new acquisition for all to see.
    Kinda like an adult "show and tell".....otherwise, the "No picture" Gestapo will come get you.
    Yeah, we want to see it!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Do be aware that you need to replace the recoil spring as you approach 1000 rounds - this per a conversation with Kahr tech support a while back.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Not a fan of the Kahr trigger, even though I do carry a CW-9 at times. However, the gun is reliable, very concealable and accurate despite the looooooooong trigger.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

I also have a CM9 and it is used as my EDC now that it has 400 rounds thru. Had a bit of a prob at the start but after a trip back to Kahr it has been perfect for over 200 rounds. Very accurate and easy to conceal. Great little 9 IMHO.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I picked a used cw9 and liked it so much I went to my LGS and picked up a cm9 for pocket carry. Photos a year old and the comp-tac mtac neutral works great. I have right at 2100 rounds between them fired with no issues at all.

los
    I think the CM9 is the Manny Pacquiao of carry weapons.

..I'm really not quite sure what I mean by that
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

I can't fathom what you mean by that, either!

Regards,
    Jim

Yeah...Manny would be a good form of defense...but I'm thinking the CM9 would be a little easier to conceal..
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

Small but has enough *punch* to knock you out, again, and again, and again ??? LOL !!! God Bless

Links