New grips for my new(to me) P6!

This is a discussion on New grips for my new(to me) P6! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to show off my recent aquisition I got in a trade with a friend... This '82 vintage P6 is a very confortable little ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smitty908

Thread: New grips for my new(to me) P6!

New grips for my new(to me) P6!

Just wanted to show off my recent aquisition I got in a trade with a friend...

This '82 vintage P6 is a very confortable little gun! It's also my first 'traditional' Sig (I have owned a Sig C3 1911 for a while, but not a 'decocker' Sig)

I also wanted to say thank you to Ken and Tara at Hogue Grips for their excellent customer service! They helped me find just the right grips, and even indulged my note in the 'comments' section of the order page, to draw a dog on the outside of my box when it was packed up

The grips have just the right amount of 'texture' and they fit like a glove.

Here's my box...

Back...

--Tim
    got2hav1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I'll bite:

what's the deal with drawing a dog on the box?
    That has to be one of the strangest requests I've heard of...and it's way better than any dog I'd be able to draw.

Really nice grips and nice dog. I'm like tooldawg99 what is the story about the dog.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The P6 is often an undervalued pistol, mostly because of the low magazine capacity. But I don't know of anyone who shot mine who didn't really enjoy shooting it, and didn't shoot it very well.

Nice looking grips.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Way cool grips! Grip is the most important part of a pistol. Just got Hogues for my MK III.....much needed. Have fun!

sgb
    Nice, been considering those G10 Hogues in black for my 226's
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I have a set of Pachmayr's on my P6. I think these grips were a limited production run that Pachmayr did a couple three years ago.

Stay safe,
    Vv

Thanks guys!

As to the dog thing... I have seen for awhile now, where folks will ask for something to be drawn on the shipping box
    of an online order. I assume that the thinking is, your package will get some special attention, amd maybe ensure that the order is double checked I guess. (Not that I was worried about that with Hogue). I just thought i would give it a shot, lol

--Tim

Nice, I picked this one up today.. for the second time. I sold it to the local gun shop two years ago. Today I bought it back. I love them. Yours look great with the new grips! Congrats.

K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Links