The .45 ACP option.

This is a discussion on The .45 ACP option. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Beretta px4 is probably the best .45 you can buy regardless of price. It is not small however, it is a full size pistol. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The .45 ACP option.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The Beretta px4 is probably the best .45 you can buy regardless of price. It is not small however, it is a full size pistol. I wish they made one the same size as the 9mm compact.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    dear pogo2: i love Sigs, but have always thought the 245 looked clumsy. yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    sensei2 - Thank you for the compliment about my Sig P245. The Hogue wood grips and the stainless slide give it sort of a 3 tone look, like a Kimber CDP and some other guns.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have a Springfield Arms SS Ultra Compact that I have been very happy with. I have 1500 rounds through it and 2 FTE's in the first two mags I shot. After that, its been all good. Dont shy away from all the compacts, they are nice to carry.

I'd have to echo what several others have said and recommend a Glock 30 since you already have the 21. I love 1911s, but have always been leery of the 3" and 4" models. Something a little more pricey (but not more so than a 1911) would be either an HK USPc in .45 or an HK45c.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    colt defender2 web.jpgIf you want something nostalgic go with this.... Love mine... colt defender web.jpg
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

You can't go wrong with a Springfield TRP. Remove the magwell (or swap out the mainspring housing) and it's about the best self defense pistol you can find for the money. Sure, it's not cheap, but are you willing to trust your life to a pistol you paid $350 for? The TRP is, IMHO, what Kimber ought to strive for: hand-fitted, super accurate, front strap checkering (only really, really pricey Kimbers come with that), and a fantastic tactical trigger (ultra-crisp, but not so light that it encourages ADs or unintended double-taps, like most new Kimbers). I've owned six Kimbers in the past, and while they are very nice pistols, I personally feel Springfield has a much better product for the money, and certainly one that is more outfitted for "real world" use.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

there is the colt new agent...

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    I've read of lots of problems with the small 1911 platform, which makes me very leary of them unfortunately.
    A LOT of internet myth involved in this one my friend. As long as you stay on top of them from a maintenance standpoint, you will be fine. Check out the Kimber forum at 1911forum.com. You will find a LOT of owners of the Ultra lines with no issues. Try one for yourself before you form an opinion based on other people (especially those that may have never owned them).

All that said, you will do very well with the M&P line too. Hell, if you like the Kahr you have now, I think you can get a CW45.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links