Canoeing/River Floating with a Glock - Page 4

Canoeing/River Floating with a Glock

This is a discussion on Canoeing/River Floating with a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm crossing my fingers to see a pic of someone floating in a tube with a glock in a drop leg serpa and some board ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Canoeing/River Floating with a Glock

I'm crossing my fingers to see a pic of someone floating in a tube with a glock in a drop leg serpa and some board shorts.

This post is not sarcastic...because the person in the pic will probably be me.
    ofdesp likes this.

dry bags are great, and ziplock freezer bags are amazingly watertight. It's not going to keep it on your side, but it certainly would leave it accessible. I have rafted with a 1911, and I do the doubled freezer bags inside a small dry bag. I can get it out of the dry bag in a few seconds, and would just shoot right through the ziplocks.

Glocks are made to shoot wet or dry, but if the gun has been submerged for any period of time water COULD build up (not saying it will but.....)in the striker channel and create hydraulic pressure and cause the slide to crack or malfunction. This is the very reason glock put maritime spring cups in some models for professionals that work it wet enviroments, however they only recomend using these spring cups in 9mm models for what reason i dont know.
    Glock 23 Gen3-- Mepro Light Tru Glo night sights-Polished Internals-3.5 lb connector-6 lb trigger return spring Extended slide release lever-Stainless steel guide rod-Pierce grip plug
    Glock 26 gen3--
    Pierce +2 mag extension w/ finger groove

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links