Glock ?

This is a discussion on Glock ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering a 32c or 33 for EDC. Can anyone who has carried both comment on how different they are comfort and conceal ability wise? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock ?

Glock ?

I'm considering a 32c or 33 for EDC.
    Can anyone who has carried both comment on how different they are comfort and conceal ability wise?
    Thanks
    Certified Infidel

2. Remove Ads

bit of flash through the port that may take some getting use to. especially at night. not terrible though. some people argue about potential legal issues with it in a defense scenario but I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    bit of flash through the port that may take some getting use to. especially at night. not terrible though. some people argue about potential legal issues with it in a defense scenario but I don't see it.
    to clarify though; I don't carry a compensated glock. I've only fired several.

VIP Member
    Dimensionally, the 32 is identical to the 19 and 23, which is a size I edc very comfortably. Here is how I carry it. The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

the 33 is just easier to conceal than the 32. Lighter, shorter barrel, and shorter grip. I carry the 33 with Glock factory 11 round mags with finger extension which adds very little to the grip.

AZJD1968 and HandgunWorld like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I say no to the compensator because it shoots hot gasses in the air. Let’s say you have to shoot with the gun close to your face or body you’re not going to like the fire and gas in your face or body. Compensators are for range use to keep the muzzle down and can be blinding at night

A generalization: the 32c and 33 will produce roughly the same velocity with the same ammo; I'll come back to that.
    If you want to appendix carry, or Smartcarry the 33 is better suited.
    If you are going strong side IWB, the extra barrel / slide on the 32 won't be the part that's going to print, the grip is more of a challenge.
    I add the Pearce +0 pinky magazine base on my subcompact magazine to aid control, which also adds a little height.
    The velocity: I don't have a 32c, but I do have a 19c and a 26; I think the velocity loss would be more or less comparable.
    My 19c averaged 1,160 fps with 127 gr. Ranger T +P+ and the 26 averaged 1,182 fps; in general terms velocity from ported compact = subcompact.
    Porting does make a difference on muzzle flip, it reduces it.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

It's beginning to look like I'm gonna go with the 33 and pinky extension.
    Where do you guys find the best prices?
    Certified Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
    It's beginning to look like I'm gonna go with the 33 and pinky extension.
    Where do you guys find the best prices?
    there are places a few bucks cheaper, but I've ordered a bunch of Glock mags from this site. No problems.

GlockParts.com - Products - Sub-compact magazines
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I agree that compensators are for the range, but not because they are blinding at night. That is hilarious. Anybody who thinks that has probably never fired a revolver at night. The only real problem with the compensator is that it will dirty up your front sight after a couple of shots. Aside from that, I don't think they offer any real advantage and I just don't care for the way they seem to displace the concussion. It makes for a weird feeling in my face and neck with every shot. Granted, I have only shot .40 and 10mm compensated guns owned by others. YMMV
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

If you go with a 33 with mag +2 extensions, then you have basically turned your 33 grip into a 32 grip length. I much prefer the Compact size Glocks to the Sub-compacts with regards to CC. It is also easier to run the compact size during mag changes. I guess what I'm saying is that I much prefer the slightly larger Compact gun for carry.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    It seems like Bud's has the best prices around.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    If you go with a 33 with mag +2 extensions, then you have basically turned your 33 grip into a 32 grip length.
    Not necessarily true. Hold a G19/23/32 next to a G26/27/33 with +2 extensions and you'll notice the the back strap is considerably shorter. It's the same concept as a bobtailed 1911. The reason they do that on 1911's is to reduce the printing of the grip. Same concept with baby Glocks. I have a G26 with +2 extensions and the back of the grip is much shorter and prints less. It makes a big difference when wearing a tight shirt or even a loose shirt when you bend over.

On another note: consider a Glock 26 and load it with Ranger T series 127gr +p+. it produces ballistics very close to the .357Sig and it's cheaper to shoot and holds more rounds.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    Not necessarily true. Hold a G19/23/32 next to a G26/27/33 with +2 extensions and you'll notice the the back strap is considerably shorter. It's the same concept as a bobtailed 1911. The reason they do that on 1911's is to reduce the printing of the grip. Same concept with baby Glocks. I have a G26 with +2 extensions and the back of the grip is much shorter and prints less. It makes a big difference when wearing a tight shirt or even a loose shirt when you bend over.

On another note: consider a Glock 26 and load it with Ranger T series 127gr +p+. it produces ballistics very close to the .357Sig and it's cheaper to shoot and holds more rounds.
    right on the money. My G19 and 26 that shows your point exactly.
    I like Corbon 9mm +P 115 gr @ 1350 fps in my 9mm Glocks....smokin' round, but I still carry Hornady 147gr standard pressures for adequate penetration. I carry 147gr Hornady's in my .357SIGs at 1225 fps which is pretty decent.

For CC, I recommend forgetting the last C. Compensated is for competition IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links