? alternating different defensive hollow points in a Glock

This is a discussion on ? alternating different defensive hollow points in a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No way Jose. I've found a couple of JHP rounds that work in my G26 and that what I feed it. Luckily, I found some ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ? alternating different defensive hollow points in a Glock

No way Jose. I've found a couple of JHP rounds that work in my G26 and that what I feed it. Luckily, I found some 115-grain Federal +P+ hollow points before the price gouging and stockpiling began and I loaded up with them. They cycle fine, are very accurate and recoil is pretty much the same as 115-grain WWB practice ammo to my thinking anyway. Once or twice a year I plan on shooting the 9BPLEs in IDPA matches.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

2. Remove Ads

I alternate in my home defense weapon. In the MB500 12 gauge I change up between first 2 rounds with bird and buck combo followed by 2 more rounds of ball and chain and the final round of "slug goodness". This is just in case the door is ever kicked open 3am and I'm out cold sleep. I would rather not to be dead on with the first shot while gathering myself together from the sudden awakening from a late night intruder.

IMHO, your time & thought would be better spent on learning & training the skills of a proficient handgunner. Only HITS COUNT.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Last time at the range I mixed up different brand HPs, a few FMJs and some LRN reloads in my G30 mag just to see what the hoopla was all about. The Glock didn't care, only said to keep it comin'. Don't know why someone would intentionally carry that way, but it worked just fine. Other makes maybe not.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GH
    The only time I mixed ammo was when I had only a few rounds left in the box & added a different kind to fill a mag. I knew I wouldn't be near a gun store to replenish my supply for a while.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links