Smith & Wesson M&P 9C

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson M&P 9C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I've been in the market for a new pistol and was pretty well set on either buying a beretta nano or a beretta ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 9C

Smith & Wesson M&P 9C

Hey guys,

I've been in the market for a new pistol and was pretty well set on either buying a beretta nano or a beretta px4 storm compact. I then got to thinking about how darn thick the storm is. I remembered that m&p's come in a compact version, which is great. This gun would serve duty as a "dressed up" gun. (i.e. church, weddings, etc.) where I would be wearing a suit. Is this a reasonable option for such a niche? I know here in ky the state police wear glock 27's in an ankle rig, and you can't tell unless you know and are looking for them. That being said, I was just curious on what was a better option for a "have all the time" gun and a "dress up" gun. I like both guns but its nice to know you have 12+1 with the m&p if you are gonna go downrange. Thanks for all your help.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I am a small guy and find carrying my M&P9C very comfortable. You suggested you are considering a Beretta Nano, if so and you are interested in a M&P, then you should consider the M&P Shield. I have a Shield also and like carrying it more than my 9C. You won't be able to pocket carry the Shield if you are interested in that. Most everyone who owns one will tell you it is a holster gun. But if you want deaper concealment and like the M&P line, then consider the Shield. I have yet to see/hear a bad review of it. You will have a hard time finding one though. They are selling like hotcakes.

Love my M&P9c. It's my usual carry, and you can use 17 rd FS mags for reload.

M&P9c is a nice gun. :)

I carry my G23 to church. LOL.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

Distinguished Member
    I have not gotten a chance to fire a 9C but I have fired both the Shield 9 and .40 (couldn't detect a difference in recoil so I'm going with the .40 when I can). The Shield is amazing and should impress you with how much they tamed the recoil for such a small gun.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    M&P9c, M&P shield are both wonderful guns. If you are looking for something even smaller the Ruger lcp is also very good but it's in .380 instead of 9mm.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Love my M&P9c.....great gun and carries really well
    stevez likes this.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by YANG View Post

I carry my G23 to church. LOL.
    there's nothing funny about that.

there was a news article posted where an armed robber came into a church group meeting and robbed everyone...until he demanded money from a guy with a ruger 380 in his pocket. i think the suspect died in a ditch outside the church.

If you consider another caliber--.38 sp. +P--, I am getting to really like my Ruger LCR for pocket carry in a Desantis Nemesis holster. I added the XS Big Dot sight and it is a very nice combo. I carry my Shield 9mm in an OWB holster and it is fine, but I don't like it in the pocket; a little too heavy for my taste, but I have carried it that way on occasion. And, really, would anyone WANT to be shot with a .38+P?! IMHO, we are really getting carried away with the "bigger is always better" philosophy! There's a good reason that revolvers have been around for so long:load, cock, shoot,BANG!! Good luck with your final choice.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I carry a 9C during warmer weather months and my LCP as pocket carry in summer

Wouldn't trade my 9c for the world. I love that gun!

Is the M&P 9c pretty much the same as the Ruger SR9c?
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    Is the M&P 9c pretty much the same as the Ruger SR9c?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by texasKA View Post
    Yes
    Who was first?
    Tony

I have the 9c. And its a good gunso far. I mean as in reliability recoil and ergonomics. But its taking me a long time getting used to the trigger on it. Longer than any of my other guns. Im giving it a bit more time before i decide to sell and get something else. Time will tell. Try different guns if you can to see if there right for you. Good luck with your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    I have the 9c. And its a good gunso far. I mean as in reliability recoil and ergonomics. But its taking me a long time getting used to the trigger on it. Longer than any of my other guns. Im giving it a bit more time before i decide to sell and get something else. Time will tell. Try different guns if you can to see if there right for you. Good luck with your quest.
    You've must not shot a Keltech or a Sigma, Talking about LONG JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links