Who in here also carries a Five-seveN?

Who in here also carries a Five-seveN?

This is a discussion on Who in here also carries a Five-seveN? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying a Five-seveN for almost a year now and haven't stopped loving it. Anybody else out there carrying the lightest full-size gun ...

View Poll Results: Do you carry a Five-seveN?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    5 6.58%
  • No!

    59 77.63%
  • What's a Five-seveN?

    12 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Who in here also carries a Five-seveN?

  1. #1
    Member Array TumblingFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23

    Who in here also carries a Five-seveN?

    I have been carrying a Five-seveN for almost a year now and haven't stopped loving it. Anybody else out there carrying the lightest full-size gun on the planet?


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    911
    Maybe you'll stop loving it when you have to use it and just piss off the bad guy...

    ohhhh boy, here we go. LOL
    Rhcmlc likes this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,536
    I'd love to have one, but not for carry. There are just too many other calibers and platforms that are better suited for the self-defense scenarios that are more likely to be encountered.
    gottabkiddin, kmagnuss and 380ACP like this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,889
    It is on my wish list. I am hoping that it will be later this year. I had to make a deal with the wife, though. She wants an EMP (about the same price point).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array tubadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WV/PA
    Posts
    929
    I'll get one when I have that much extra money sitting around.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    It is on my wish list. I am hoping that it will be later this year. I had to make a deal with the wife, though. She wants an EMP (about the same price point).
    There is this female friend of mine. she said if I was with her, for every 1,000 I spend, I'd have to spent 1000 on her.

    I'm SOOOO glad mine isn't like that. got her a little P238 and she's happy as ever. she wants a sig 1911 tacpack now though. LOL

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array rammerjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,489
    Nothing against them but I really have no interest in one as a carry or fun gun.

    I've bought too many guns lately and need to focus more on stockholders on ammo.

    Plus I've transitioned more into a revolver guy and buying more semi autos are very low on my list.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

    Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

  8. #8
    Member Array TumblingFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Maybe you'll stop loving it when you have to use it and just piss off the bad guy...

    ohhhh boy, here we go. LOL
    Hahahaha..

    I'm very confident in the effectiveness of my weapon of choice. I'll just leave it at that.
    RMS and ripley16 like this.

  9. #9
    Member Array TumblingFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Nothing against them but I really have no interest in one as a carry or fun gun.

    I've bought too many guns lately and need to focus more on stockholders on ammo.

    Plus I've transitioned more into a revolver guy and buying more semi autos are very low on my list.
    Ammo is definitely becoming an issue with the election looming. I found a great buy on SS195 (5.7x28 hollowpoint) at around 21 bux a box per 50 at Cheaper than Dirt.

  10. #10
    Member Array TumblingFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'd love to have one, but not for carry. There are just too many other calibers and platforms that are better suited for the self-defense scenarios that are more likely to be encountered.
    I carry a round that is manufactured by a small, private company which gives me quite a bit more POP than the standard fare. I can penetrate Level IIIa armor as well as perform similarly to .45 ACP in ballistic gelatin. Penetration depths also meet the FBI standard. With 21 rounds in the gun, and a nearly weightless sensation in my Crossbreed Supertuck.. I am happy.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,178
    I don't know about carrying one... but they sure do look like fun to shot.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by TumblingFTW View Post
    Ammo is definitely becoming an issue with the election looming. I found a great buy on SS195 (5.7x28 hollowpoint) at around 21 bux a box per 50 at Cheaper than Dirt.
    5.7.jpg ???

    I guess I'm just wondering why? I would carry a 5.7 and pay 21$ for 50...when I can carry a 9mm and get 50 for 9.99 ??
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  13. #13
    Member Array TumblingFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    5.7.jpg ???

    I guess I'm just wondering why? I would carry a 5.7 and pay 21$ for 50...when I can carry a 9mm and get 50 for 9.99 ??
    I like the fact that my pants aren't in a continual race to hit the ground when I carry it... It really is amazingly light and that is with 21 rounds. A fully loaded Five-seveN weighs about the same as an empty Glock.

  14. #14
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by TumblingFTW View Post
    I carry a round that is manufactured by a small, private company which gives me quite a bit more POP than the standard fare. I can penetrate Level IIIa armor as well as perform similarly to .45 ACP in ballistic gelatin. Penetration depths also meet the FBI standard. With 21 rounds in the gun, and a nearly weightless sensation in my Crossbreed Supertuck.. I am happy.
    I don't think this would sit well with a jury honestly.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    7,020
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    and need to focus more on stockholders on ammo.
    . +1, Same here. I've literally got plenty of firearms. Now it's time to stock up on the ammo pile. My goal is to have a minimum of a thousand rounds for every caliber I have. Already there for my 9mm and half way for my .556 and .380. Catching up with my .38 special and 7mm 08 is gonna be rough at the current prices.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

5.7 x28 ammo for sale
,
5.7x28 ammo for sale
,
crimson trace fn five-seven
,
crimson trace for fnh 5.7
,
five seven for self defense
,
five seven pocket pistol
,
five-seven or 5.7x28 or fiveseven or five seven pistol or 5.7 pistol or fn pistol or fn p90 or fnh p90 or ps90 or secret
,
fn 57 for sale. alabama
,
fn five seven alternative
,

fn five seven warning

,
inexpensive 5.7 pistol
,
would you buy a five seven\
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors