Kimber Pro Carry 2 Break In Finished And........

This is a discussion on Kimber Pro Carry 2 Break In Finished And........ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still not 1 failure of any kind! Out another 125 rounds today, brings me up to 500ish. Still eats any hollow point I have fed ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Kimber Pro Carry 2 Break In Finished And........

Still not 1 failure of any kind! Out another 125 rounds today, brings me up to 500ish. Still eats any hollow point I have fed it, any FMJ, and shoots as accurate as any gun I have ever owned. Dunno why Kimber says 500 rounds to break it in, this gun has been flawless out of the box. Yea, I know, I know, a lot of people hate Kimber. Well, hate away, this gun is a 100% reliable carry gun. I'd stake my life on it any day (and do). And all this with the factory Kimber mags, go figure.

My ultra carry II is flawless with about 1200 rounds and feeds anything. I got a good one and so did you!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Dunno why Kimber says 500 rounds to break it in,..."

That's because they hope it starts working right before it gets sent back for maintenance. ;-)
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    "Dunno why Kimber says 500 rounds to break it in,..."

That's because they hope it starts working right before it gets sent back for maintenance. ;-)

Oh now that's just cold blooded.........true but cold blooded. Just kidding enjoy it, if you like it that is all that matters.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My Glock break-in period involved taking it out of the box......I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet View Post
    "dunno why kimber says 500 rounds to break it in,..."

that's because they hope it starts working right before it gets sent back for maintenance. ;-)
    ouch! ;)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My Glock break-in period involved taking it out of the box......I'm just sayin'...
    As did my Kimber. Did you read my post?

Congrats! My Custom Classic has about 5k down the spout. Not one failure once I tossed the Kimber mags and switched to Wilsons.

Same here,Kimber Pro Carry thats been 100%,could'nt ask for better.

love my pro carry 2 HD :) But I can't say it was flawless. Out of the box it was ejecting rounds up and back, out of an 8 round mag I was getting at least 2 hitting me in the forehead. I contacted Kimber, they were super easy to deal with. They emailed me a UPS label, printed it, boxed it up and sent it in to them. Just under 2 weeks later I got it back. They fixed the ejector, further lowered and flared the port, replaced the recoil spring, and did a trigger job on it, those last two had nothing to do with the malfunction, they just threw that work in, I assume as a gesture of goodwill. Man, I thought the trigger was smooth before, but it's amazing what a gunsmith can do. I've never felt a trigger so responsive as they made mine. It's tight and crisp, with undetectable takeup. I was quite impressed with their CS. This is certainly a company I would trust!

Links