Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun? - Page 12

Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

This is a discussion on Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lot’s ah good suggestions posted here! Personally: When I leave the house I carry this largest_revolver_1.jpg If someone breaks into my house and if they ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Lot’s ah good suggestions posted here!

Personally:
    When I leave the house I carry this

largest_revolver_1.jpg

If someone breaks into my house and if they get lucky and get by two of these

999JustinSullivangetty.jpg

Then I use one of these as a last resort

51919.jpg

OR

real_big.jpg

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yes, My primary EDC is a XD40 sub compact but I have others that I sometimes carry. My Primary HD is a Mossberg 500 Persuader 12 ga. with other handguns safely hidden throughout the house
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Nope. I like the constant comforting familiarity
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Re: Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

Edc kel tec pf9, home defense: keep.the kel tec by the bed my wife has a snub nose .32 by her my sp2022 9mm close by and a 20 gauge ss all that we can get to in a hurry lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

My G19 and to a lesser extent my Colt OM are my EDC's...BUT I will strap on my SP101 when home. It rides in a HAY's IWB. I find it comfortable to carry and being my HD shotgun is upstairs I can, at least, answer my front door armed. Paranoid...maybe, but better safe than sorry!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

To each his own. I normally carry a 642 in a pocket holster, in a reinforced pocket. I do that because ,in my area, public encounters tht go bad are always one on one. However, home invasions, and we do have such things, are always multiple assailants. In a dark room,with multiple assailants, the penultimate tool is the pump 12 gauge. For home defense I have a Mossberg 500 and a Maverick 88.

731CFA4789714F8F971AEC87B0A7C0D3-0000317266-0003026094-00640L-26E7108ED0B74E8981D10C418DE8C27B.jpg
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Carry gun either a Kahr CM9 or Glock 19. Home defense I want a little more thump so use my Mossberg 590A1; 8 in tube 1 in chamber and 4 in speedstock with light on gun. Great gun and very intimidating!

Re: Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

Short answer, Yup!

I'm not into long guns for defense, at all, don't see a purpose or value, so I don't do the typical shotty under the bed. I like something more mobile and Tactical for both home and carry defense, so it's handguns only for me.

I have three guns for home defense. I sleep in the middle of my Queen and have decorative pillows surrounding me on both sides. I keep a gun under the rear pillow on each side and my carry in one of those clocks with hidden inside gun pocket on the nightstand opposite the bedroom door.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    yep!

My main house gun is a Mossberg 500 mounted under the foot of the bed to allow access from either side. This is considered "artillery"; fixed in place to defend that living space. If "infantry" is needed (having to leave the secured space) my wife and I will use our daily carry guns. The thought it we are more familiar with them and know how to run them inside and out. Less to think about under stress.
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

Depending on where I am in the house, I have my choice of a SP101 loaded with 125 grain .357 Magnum hollowpoints, or a Winchester 1300 Defender loaded with 00 Buck.

12 gauge Maverick 88 tactical shotgun at bedside.
    Ruger LCR and Walther PPS also available if needed.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

I keep my EDC Kel-Tec PF9 in my nightstand by my bed. I work night shift so when I am not there my daughter has the key to the AR-15 shorty loaded with 30 .223 hollow points. We live in rural SC and it would take a long time for the Sheriff to get to our property.

No actually. I do have a 12 ga coach gun nearby, but my actual "oh crap" gun is on the nightstand, the same LCR I carry every day.

Same...

I have three house guns that are all the same. Glock 19's. I figure, if ever SHTF, I don't want to be grabbing a G26 magazine and try to jam it in a empty G19. Plus, my wife's very familiar with the 19's.

P.S. I don't really care for the shotgun idea. For one, I want my wife to be able to have the phone in one had and a gun in the other. #2, I don't want her to have to run the gun in a high stress situation. #3, the ammo/drywall etc issue. I do have other guns stashed throughout the house, but they're in out of the way places and the 19's are still the go to house guns once you can make it to one. We have a plan and run scenarios.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links