Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

This is a discussion on Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes SR40c to carryand Glock 17 by the bed...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do have a saperate home defense gun from your carry gun?

Yes
    SR40c to carryand Glock 17 by the bed

2. Remove Ads

Shield 2.jpg

It seems to be working out that way. This has worked itself in to a constant companion, not that I am complaining. I have
    grown to really like this gun. And as a benefit, I can actually hit what I aim at.
    Be safe, Frank.

Carry a S&W Bodyguard 380, or XD 9sc... for home defense I use the XD or 357 mag Taurus revolver.

Carry is a CZ-75 PreB. HD in the bed room is a Sig P-220 with Crimson Trace laser grips on the bedstand and a Winchester 1897 12 guage leaning against the bedstand.

This is also our safe area.
    2_Rastas likes this.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Welllll.....

Technically I have a nice short 12 gauge pump for home defense. That being said, unless I'm in bed, it isn't going to be my first line of action if the need arises. That would be whatever gun I'm carrying that day. So the short answer to this thread I guess is no, unless I'm in bed.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I like .40 so I bought a G23 a while back. It is my dedicated nightstand gun. I usually carry my G26.

Well I carry a PPQ-9mm, or the Glock Model 30, or the Kahr CM9.

Night stand gun is FNH 5.7 with 20 round mag Elite ammo self defense ammo and a C5 Viridian Laser light. The just to the right of that a Maverick OU home defense shotgun with a light and red dot sight loade with 00 Military buck . Second level a Chiappa arms Rhino 357 loaded with 125 grain self defense rounds. Basement level Chiappa White Rhino with 38 125 grain Speer LE defense round.

We shoot and train with all weapons mentioned above.

Well my G32 is my EDC & it stays by my bead every night! I'm about 90% to the point to use my G21 for my night stand gun at this point.

AdamSean: we would recommend either the Glock 22 or Glock 23 due to the mag and ammo being interchangable with your Glock 27. Another factor to take into consideration is your muscle memory to grip feel of the Glock 22 and GLock 23 being the same as your Glock 27(minus pinky). In a adrenaline educed situation muscle memory overtakes rational thought, so if you are accustom to the grip, trigger and functionality of a Glock 27 this would likely be your best choice.

Do have a separate home defense gun from your carry gun?
    Sometimes. Mainly during the summer months I'm doing the G27 appendix with my 'body glove' (Remora Artemis #6) for carry, and my G23 with M6 comes out for HD. I have night sights on all of my pistols. I do most of my sleeping during the day since I work nights....not that it makes much difference. I sort of change with the seasons or what I feel best at the time. Colder months I may be carrying the G23 IWB or OWB and deploying the P220SAO for the domestic scene. It's taken me a few years to get out of establishing a set pattern for any length of time and listening to the voices in my head. I think most call it 'Ki' or the Japanese' oneness of mind and body etc....... There are many times that my daily carry and home defense pistol wind up being one and the same with or without accessories depending.
    Maybe one of these days, we'll get into discussions of the vastness of the universe and how what we do and what happens around us causes tiny ripples in the pool...not just physical things, but thoughts as well. Then we might delve into thoughts about your aura and how to either mask it or make it more prominent. Kind of deep subjects for here an now, but I must say that many things we don't completely understand take place before one either becomes a victim or a survivor and that you also never really need to nor want to be 'on the bubble'. Some of you likely know this already. I'm not selling anything.....I promise.

Same pistol in both situations. In my explorations in variouis parts of the world, I quickly learned the hard way to sleep with my S&W mod 28, .357 under the blankets about waist position. One can retrieve it, or even shoot from this position with minimal movement, reaching under a pillow or fumbling with a night stand will tend to cause you to have a premature death.

I believe in a single pistol for self defence, Become a master of it, not have a casual working aquaintance with two or more.

Remember, it is not the noise of a break in down stairs that most face, but simply waking up to see el Baddie grinning at you from across the room.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"
    +

Not yet but that is why I am looking for an M&P Shield. I carry a full size M&P and I am reading very good things about the Sheilds. Even better, it will run very closely the same to what I am already trained on...something which I consider very important.

I would like to retire my full size to the night stand where it lives now when I am home.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I do. I carry a cm9 everyday but when I'm at home my xd9 5in with night sights and a streamlight tlr3 (should have gotten the tlr1, oh well) comes out of the safe.

Night sights for dark target acquisition then light to blind them.

Shield 9mm/38+P LCR for EDC. Sig P226, 9mm for the nightstand.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I carry several different firearms but I have an M&P .45 that is set up for my house gun. It never leaves the bedroom except for the range and cleaning.

Nice! This is kind of what I want to do. Get a high capacity magazine with a really good light.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links