G23 9mm barrel conversion help

This is a discussion on G23 9mm barrel conversion help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a real nice Gen3 Glock 23, the TALO edition with the EXO nickel boron finish to the slide and barrel. I have been ...

Thread: G23 9mm barrel conversion help

I have a real nice Gen3 Glock 23, the TALO edition with the EXO nickel boron finish to the slide and barrel. I have been looking exhaustively for a KKM .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. I have yet to find any place that has one in stock. I would love to pick up a factory G32 barrel, so I can basically have 3 different caliber selctions in one pistol. In fact, I have had such a flawless experience with the KKM barrel in my G30, that it the only company I am wanting to go through. If I were to pop in a 9mm extractor and ejector in my G23, then I think that it would be a realistic, reliable option to carry for self defense if I wanted to. Anyway, If anyone knows of a place that has a KKM .40 to 9mm conversion barrel in stock and ready to ship, please send me their information and price; also, if anyone knows of a factory G32 barrel for a good price, I would greatly appreciate that information as well.

Thanks,

John

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    G23 KKM 9MM Match Grade Conversion Barrel-www.glockmeister.com

Out of stock now but keep checking, they will get restocked soon.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Here's the 9mm conversion barrel I run in my G23. No problems with it. I did it on a Gen 4 and picked up the G19 spring. I suspect you'll need to do that on the Gen 3 as well for it to be 100% reliable. It shows back-ordered with an ETA of 5/31, so it may appear Monday.

Lone Wolf G23 9mm Conversion Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    Here's the 9mm conversion barrel I run in my G23. No problems with it. I did it on a Gen 4 and picked up the G19 spring. I suspect you'll need to do that on the Gen 3 as well for it to be 100% reliable. It shows back-ordered with an ETA of 5/31, so it may appear Monday.

Lone Wolf G23 9mm Conversion Barrel
    back ordered..... Thats the problem I am having with everyone I find too.

They must be getting popular. I see now that glockmeister says that you have to change the ejector. 3 yeaars ago I personally (on the phone) asked them this question and they said no, so I havent and have had no problems in thousands of rounds.

Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that I may want to consider running a new guide rod sping as well if I was carring the 23 in 9mm for self defense. I have been so satisfied with the KKM that I have in my G30, that I really want to stick with what I know. I did check with glockstore.com and they said that due to a government contract, that they will not be shipping any barrels unitl mid to late August. I do not know if this information is correct; I may try to call KKM tomorrow to see what the potential lead time will be. I check with glockmiester as well, and they did not know the exactly when they would be getting the KKM barrels in stock. I did find a factory G32 barrel today for $155. I do not know if that is a decent price, but it was in stock according to the website (which the inventory information sometimes tends to be incorrect), and I am considering ordering even though I really want to track down the KKM 9mm conversion barrel.

I would also like to mention that I have a LNIB G26 Gen 4 that I have been looking to sale. I have had an account on here for quite some time; I guess due to inactivity, all my posts have been cleared out, and I cannot place it in the for sale section until my post count gets back to 25. Please PM me if interested.

Lately I have been transitioning over 45 auto as my primary caliber that I use when carrying for SD. With that being said, it sure is alot cheaper to use 9mm when I have a long day at the range. I really feel like I made a mistake with the .40; it cost about as much as a 45 auto does to shoot without enough preformance to choose it over a 9mm. I have this G23 gen3 with the EXO finish that I never use because its a 40 and I can't find a conversion barrel, and a G26 gen4 that I wish was a G19. I would really like to find someone that has an HK USPC in 9mm that would want to swap for one of my Glocks, and I could add some cash. I guess we all live and learn, finding someone that would want to trade their HK for a Glock may be difficult.

I got lucky today. I was looking on armslist and found a local guy looking to trade his G19 for a G26. I have regretted buying the G26 since I have bought it since I can conceal a compact as well as a subcompact. So I guess I have both the 19 and the 23 now. I haven't been too happy with my 23, but I love the nickel boron finish. I still may try to convert my 23 completely over to 9mm, so I can retain the finish and the night sights I already have on it. As of now it is nice to have both, but seems kind of pointless when I am not necessarily a .40 fan. Once I can find a nice USP compact stainless in 9mm, then I will sell off all of my glocks (including my 30, which I might miss eventually).

Links