3.5 connector with NY1 spring; Good choice for Glock carry guns or not?

This is a discussion on 3.5 connector with NY1 spring; Good choice for Glock carry guns or not? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 3 9mm Glocks, with the 19 being my carry gun. I have heard that this combo gives a better pull than stock, quicker ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick62

Thread: 3.5 connector with NY1 spring; Good choice for Glock carry guns or not?

Question 3.5 connector with NY1 spring; Good choice for Glock carry guns or not?

I have 3 9mm Glocks, with the 19 being my carry gun. I have heard that this combo gives a better pull than stock, quicker reset, and is more bulletproof. I was wanting to set all my guns up the same way so I can practice with the 17 and 34 but have one consistent trigger pull to get used to. Would I be better just doing the 25 cent trigger smoothing job and using 3.5 connector with stock spring or with the ny1 combo?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I did the polish job first. Not much difference but it was a little smoother. I put the Ghost Rocket 3.5 trigger connector kit with the defensive carry option springs. Huge difference and quicker reset. However, note that this is not a drop in trigger connector. You will have to file down the trigger connector to your custom pull. I was a bit reluctant to do it myself but the outcome was awesome. if you file too far the break and reset is affected. Ghost has a how to section on their site and will walk you through it over the phone. I love the Ghost rocket trigger. If you go with the standard 9MM Ghost Rocket trigger kit you may experience light firing pin strikes. This is why why I went with defensive carry option on springs during the check out process.

Hope this helps.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I had that combo in my Glocks at one point. It is a nice crisp pull, a bit heavier than the stock set-up. I have had every configuration in my Glocks from different PD jobs; NY2, NY1, 8# connector and finally convinced my Firearms Training Supervisor to get the Chief to allow us to go with the stock 5.5# connector in our duty 23's. I have come full cirlce and come to realize that Gaston got it right the first time.

Don't take my word for it. Play with all the different set ups and see which you like best.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Thanks for the help. I just saw something called the Guardian trigger, by Glocktriggers.com, which uses all Glock parts but claims to give a really good 4lb. pull. It's high, but looks real nice. Anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by javaman View Post
    Thanks for the help. I just saw something called the Guardian trigger, by Glocktriggers.com, which uses all Glock parts but claims to give a really good 4lb. pull. It's high, but looks real nice. Anyone tried this?
    I use the Guardian in both my G19 and G27 and highly recommend it. I've done the $0.25 trigger job on multiple occassions, purchased additional Glock trigger hardware to try out some new honing/polishing techniques, tried the Glock 3.5# and Ghost 4.5# connectors, and experimented with several spring combinations. After spending close to $100 in experimental hardware (extra trigger bars, springs, connectors and trigger housings), with probably close to 50 hours in labor invested, I have never been able to come close to the performance that I am getting with the Guardian. The re-machining work that Glocktrigger.com does appears to be top notch. There are no shear-break edges or rough spots. The edges and surfaces are trued up and square, and all surfaces have a mirror finish. The improved surfaces, combined with the spring kit, result in a smooth and clean trigger break that I was never able to achieve in any of my own experiments. The Guardian is advertised for 'Duty and Carry'. I know, I know, it's good to keep a Glock stock. But it's also kind of cool to show up at the range with a G27 and put round after round into a 1" group at 7 yards. And yes, these are my primary EDC's and IDPA guns.
    ericb327 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    I use the Guardian in both my G19 and G27 and highly recommend it. I've done the $0.25 trigger job on multiple occassions, purchased additional Glock trigger hardware to try out some new honing/polishing techniques, tried the Glock 3.5# and Ghost 4.5# connectors, and experimented with several spring combinations. After spending close to $100 in experimental hardware (extra trigger bars, springs, connectors and trigger housings), with probably close to 50 hours in labor invested, I have never been able to come close to the performance that I am getting with the Guardian. The re-machining work that Glocktrigger.com does appears to be top notch. There are no shear-break edges or rough spots. The edges and surfaces are trued up and square, and all surfaces have a mirror finish. The improved surfaces, combined with the spring kit, result in a smooth and clean trigger break that I was never able to achieve in any of my own experiments. The Guardian is advertised for 'Duty and Carry'. I know, I know, it's good to keep a Glock stock. But it's also kind of cool to show up at the range with a G27 and put round after round into a 1" group at 7 yards. And yes, these are my primary EDC's and IDPA guns.
    Wow, that sounds great. I don't want a target trigger, but I do want a smooth and crisp one. Does this system seem pretty bullet proof to you, in terms of reliability? That's the main reason I was considering the ny1, cause I hear it's less likely to break than the stock spring.

i've stated several times on this site that i prefer the 3.5 pound connector used with the NY-1 trigger spring module.

1. the combination results in about a 5-6 pound pull

2. it gives resistance throughout the entire trigger stroke - the stock set-up gives some light pressure slack before real resistance is felt.

3. it replaces the stock trigger spring, which i consider the only real fragile part in a Glock.

4. the Guardian trigger sounds very interesting, though. i'm going to look into it.

P.S.- These are IDPA, GSSF, etc. legal, then?

Welcome to the forum "javaman"!

I saw that Guardian trigger also, but since it is all Glock parts I figured they just spent a lot of hours polishing everything. I can do that and save the money for ammo. That or they assembly parts till they get a "tuned" set.
    I am considering a 6lb Trigger Spring just to try it. I don't want to change it a lot, just tweak it a bit.
    Let us know what you decide.
    --Jason--

P.S.- These are IDPA, GSSF, etc. legal, then?
    Nothing in the IDPA rulebook governs trigger pull characteristics, and it doesn't change how it fits in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    i've stated several times on this site that i prefer the 3.5 pound connector used with the NY-1 trigger spring module.

1. the combination results in about a 5-6 pound pull

2. it gives resistance throughout the entire trigger stroke - the stock set-up gives some light pressure slack before real resistance is felt.

3. it replaces the stock trigger spring, which i consider the only real fragile part in a Glock.

4. the Guardian trigger sounds very interesting, though. i'm going to look into it.

I might have to try this set up.
    --Jason--

I can live with the Glock trigger as is, but I'm used to shooting pretty light triggers (and crisp) from target archery and rifle shooting. I definitely have to work to overcome a tendency to shoot left with the Glock triggers. I don't want to compromise reliability, but I want to be able to have a shootable trigger that will work in all 3 of my 9mm's for consistent transition from practice/competition to carry gun.

Wow, that sounds great. I don't want a target trigger, but I do want a smooth and crisp one. Does this system seem pretty bullet proof to you, in terms of reliability? That's the main reason I was considering the ny1, cause I hear it's less likely to break than the stock spring.
    It's all Glock parts, so what more do you need? I know the cost is a turn-off. It was for me too. But I liked it enough in my G19 that I got another one for my G27. I think I'm going to get one of their competition models for my G34.
    I'm telling you guys, no matter how good you think you might be with your Dremel tool, and I consider myself to be pretty damn good, you won't come close to what these guys can give you.

Ok, Nick, you sold me. I'm going to try one (without telling my wife about it; she doesn't understand spending money on my toys).

Ok, Nick, you sold me. I'm going to try one (without telling my wife about it; she doesn't understand spending money on my toys).
    It's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Let me know how you like it. I'm sold on 'em.

Links