Has Buds gone to Limited Inventory?

This is a discussion on Has Buds gone to Limited Inventory? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just looked at[URL="http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php"] Bud's[/ URL] webite and most all pistols and revolvers are now maked INTERNET ONLY . When checking their inventory, very little is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By cdalle6

Thread: Has Buds gone to Limited Inventory?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Has Buds gone to Limited Inventory?

Just looked at[URL="http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php"] Bud's[/URL] webite and most all pistols and revolvers are now maked INTERNET ONLY. When checking their inventory, very little is offered as VIEWABLE IN LEXINGTON. I was looking for a Kimber Ultra CDP II and I was wanting to pick it up Thursday. This is a pistol they normally carry and suddenly it is an Order Item only. Sign of the times perhaps?

Are retailers now moving towards pay now get later methods of sales?
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I never noticed before, but I took a look at Buds website, and it looks like about 75% of the Glock and Springfield Armory pistols are INTERNET ONLY. Hmmm.
    I would expect that eventually Buds brick and mortar store will go away. They probably sell more guns in an hour on the internet than they do all week at their store in Lexington.
    Why pay the overhead of a store when you do so much business on-line.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Just purchased from Bud's on line. Great prices, ( No retail store around me) took about two weeks from start. They kept me informed the whole time. I don't know why they took about 5 days to process the order. I thought it was worth the wait. I may go mark some of the back ordered items and see what happens. I got a prefered FFL very close. The credit card processed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Just purchased from Bud's on line. Great prices, ( No retail store around me) took about two weeks from start. They kept me informed the whole time. I don't know why they took about 5 days to process the order. I thought it was worth the wait. I may go mark some of the back ordered items and see what happens. I got a prefered FFL very close. The credit card processed right away.
    I've bought way too many from Buds as their prices can't be beat. Sometimes they have a sale that is just too good to pass. If you pay with a credit card they ship pretty quick. Pay with an ACH out of your checing account or put it on layaway.....don't expect it too quickly. Since I'm in Florida, it really doesn't bother me that they have most of their guns INTERNET ONLY, but it sucks for the guys in Kentucky that want to go purchase face to face.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

J.I.T. inventory is a BIG cost saver. Hopefully it will be passed along to the consumers. I have purchased a handful of firearms from Bud's.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I never noticed before, but I took a look at Buds website, and it looks like about 75% of the Glock and Springfield Armory pistols are INTERNET ONLY. Hmmm.
    I would expect that eventually Buds brick and mortar store will go away. They probably sell more guns in an hour on the internet than they do all week at their store in Lexington.
    Why pay the overhead of a store when you do so much business on-line.
    The store will not go away they just built it. Very nice shop with the only indoor range in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    The store will not go away they just built it. Very nice shop with the only indoor range in Lexington.
    I have to agree on this. Especially since the in-door range is there and this is a monster money-maker. Seems like annual memberships were in the $500.00 price range and there are a lot of folks in Lexington and surrounding cities to support it. If you consider Fayette, Madison, Scott, Woodford, Anderson, Powell and Estill counties, all within a hours drive, there is probably around 450,000,00 people to draw from and there are a lot of shooters in this part of the state. I am sure Buds will be here for a long time.

On the otherhand, sometimes we all have some disposable cash and make a trip to the LGS in order to purchase another firearm. And in doing so, we sort of expect to look at and feel of the choices before making a "internet" commitment.

Just my thoughts...
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

I work at Buds retail here in Lexington and I can answer this one for ya fellas. We have moved a ton(80-90%) of our stock to the Paris Warehouse to serve as the primary shipping department. Thats why you are seeing INTERNET ONLY. It's not that we don't have the gun, just that if you go to the lexington retail store, odds are the majority of that firearm is in Paris and we MAY have one on the wall you can physically see. But if you're wanting to order a gun and pick it up in Lexington, don't be afraid to. If we dont have it there and do in Paris, we will simply send a request order to Paris for it and it will be there shortly.

C
    Diddle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdalle6 View Post
    I work at Buds retail here in Lexington and I can answer this one for ya fellas. We have moved a ton(80-90%) of our stock to the Paris Warehouse to serve as the primary shipping department. Thats why you are seeing INTERNET ONLY. It's not that we don't have the gun, just that if you go to the lexington retail store, odds are the majority of that firearm is in Paris and we MAY have one on the wall you can physically see. But if you're wanting to order a gun and pick it up in Lexington, don't be afraid to. If we dont have it there and do in Paris, we will simply send a request order to Paris for it and it will be there shortly. C
    THANK YOU, for taking the time to post this! I thought that since Buds opened in Lexington the Paris location had closed. Good information and again, thanks for the input.

The problem is, atleast to me, that if I come to Lexington, am I only going to be able to feel of a firearm only to have to come back the next day to purchase it after is sent from Paris to Lexington? Example, I will be in Lexington tomorrow (thursday 6/7/12) if 80%-90% of the stock has been sent [back] to Paris, what is the need to come to the Lexington store? Don't get me wrong here, I am not fusing, I am just curious as to why Marion would have a store in Lexington with only 10%-20% of his inventory and the remainder in Paris.

Best!
    D~
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    THANK YOU, for taking the time to post this! I thought that since Buds opened in Lexington the Paris location had closed. Good information and again, thanks for the input.

The problem is, atleast to me, that if I come to Lexington, am I only going to be able to feel of a firearm only to have to come back the next day to purchase it after is sent from Paris to Lexington? Example, I will be in Lexington tomorrow (thursday 6/7/12) if 80%-90% of the stock has been sent [back] to Paris, what is the need to come to the Lexington store? Don't get me wrong here, I am not fusing, I am just curious as to why Marion would have a store in Lexington with only 10%-20% of his inventory and the remainder in Paris.

Best!
    D~
    They have made the Paris location their primary shipping warehouse, and in all honesty, probably need that amount of inventory down there. They ship between 500-800 orders A DAY, depending on the season. We have basically kept the popular selling firearms in Lexington, with "one to show, and one to go". Anything out of the ordinary or different than standard models we usually have one in if we're lucky.

C

Best!
    D~
    Sorry just realized I almost didn't answer your question. No, you do not have to wait. Of we only have one in Lexington and its on the wall and you want it, it's yours.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cdalle6 View Post
    Sorry just realized I almost didn't answer your question. No, you do not have to wait. Of we only have one in Lexington and its on the wall and you want it, it's yours.

C
    Fair enough... I just never thought things would turn out this way.

Good luck to Buds! Regardless of city of operations.

D~
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

Was down at Buds not a week ago..plenty of inventory on the floor..
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I have to agree on this. Especially since the in-door range is there and this is a monster money-maker. Seems like annual memberships were in the $500.00 price range and there are a lot of folks in Lexington and surrounding cities to support it. If you consider Fayette, Madison, Scott, Woodford, Anderson, Powell and Estill counties, all within a hours drive, there is probably around 450,000,00 people to draw from and there are a lot of shooters in this part of the state. I am sure Buds will be here for a long time.

On the otherhand, sometimes we all have some disposable cash and make a trip to the LGS in order to purchase another firearm. And in doing so, we sort of expect to look at and feel of the choices before making a "internet" commitment.

Just my thoughts...
    Not to mention Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties not more than 75 miles away so you can add another 250,000 to that total.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Links