Yet another sampling the Glock kool aid

This is a discussion on Yet another sampling the Glock kool aid within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a fan of the M&P line, from Compact for carry, full sized for competition, and was the first in my area to get a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another sampling the Glock kool aid

cj [OP]

I'm a fan of the M&P line, from Compact for carry, full sized for competition, and was the first in my area to get a Shield (before the store even knew what one was). But I've always been impressed with the sheer availability of parts and accessories available for the Glock line.

So, fast forward to Saturday, I noticed a Glock 19 Gen 4 in fabulous shape on consignment. I inspect it, and there's just about nothing to show that its even been fired. Only 2 of the 3 magazines even have that little brass rub from having been loaded. No wear anywhere on the thing. Turns out someone bought it in the past few weeks, shot it a couple times, didn't like how it fit his hand, and brought it back to resell. Even most of the store staff didn't even realize it had come in. I do that mental math of self-convincing, "I don't really NEED it, but figure a decent price already and no tax since it's a consignment, with the background check fee covered since it's in-store" and was there Monday morning to fill out the paperwork and blow the remainders of my June fun budget, profit from some sales, and bonuses. Of course I didn't realize the Gen 4 comes with 3 mags, so that threw my calculation off a bit, but in the end I was probably just convincing myself.

I've already put more marks on the barrel dry firing/racking the slide than were on it before. Now to check on if the spring is the new or defective design, and what tweaks it needs to bring it up to what I want...and of course get to the range to dirty it up a bit!

Congrats!

I almost jumped on a Gen 3 G26 yesterday...while I was at my LGS to pick up my Nagant revolver. Guess I have a broad range of tastes in handguns. LOL.

Congrats on the new-to-you GLOCK!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member
    Ashamed as I am about it, I traded my Full Size M&P45 to my brother-in-law for his Glock 23. I simply needed something smaller than the full size M&P and I didn't have the money to go get my Shield (have a hard time finding one anyway). I tried getting some other options on our local gun classifieds but didn't have much luck plus my BIL sweetened the pot (he really wanted the M&P) to a point that I couldn't resist. I will definitely be getting me another FS M&P45 at some stage. I just love it too much to not do so. But, for better or worse, I now carry a Glock.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

i'd like a glock 26, but i already spent way too much money this month

if you think that you like glocks you MUST check out the Caracal, better than and less expensive than a glock

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    if you think that you like glocks you MUST check out the Caracal, better than and less expensive than a glock
    But I want it ALL - S&W, Glock, Ruger, Caracal, Springfield Arms, RIA, Colt, Sig Sauer, Magnum Research, Beretta, Browning, CZ, Dan Wesson, Kimber, EAA, H&K, and more (but no Taurus and HiPoint).

If only I had an unlimited supply of money.

EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I hope your koolaid had better results that the jones's...

better than a Glock? That my friend is a bold statement for a gun that has been around for....what, a year? I've seen videos of the Caracal choking like a fat kid at an all you can eat
    buffet, so you're gonna have to do better than that.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Congrats. I'm an xd man but I'm about to pull the trigger(lol) on a gen 4 g23. Then I'm going to beat it like a redheaded stepchild (backpacking, river, four wheeling, etc)

Congrats on the new Glock...you will buy more!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Better in what way?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I have another Glock on the way. I have a Gen 3 Glock 23 and I just traded for a Gen 2 Glock 23. Glocks are a great tool.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Congratulations! I carry a Glock 19, and use an M&P 9 full size with Apex sear and USB for most range shooting and IDPA. G19 sports TFO sights, a tremendous upgrade. M&P will have them soon. I like both, each one has a different purpose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links