Cm9 or Shield? - Page 2

Cm9 or Shield?

This is a discussion on Cm9 or Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you were in Vegas I'd buy your CM9. I checked the Kahr out for pocket carry and I think its great. If you carry ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cm9 or Shield?

If you were in Vegas I'd buy your CM9. I checked the Kahr out for pocket carry and I think its great. If you carry IWB I don't understand why you would't go with a double stack (Glock 26). I think the Smith is over hyped. I'd
    rather have a PPS if your going up to that size!

Seeing a lot of shield love, that's encouraging!

I wish I were in Vegas, it would be yours! I don't like pocket carrying it in most pants. Anything thinner than carhartts and I feel like it prints too much. I believe the shield will work well enough iwb with a shirt tucked in in the right holster. I'm looking at a glock 23 but that's another topic and another purpose.

AOK
    I recently chose a CM9 over the Shield. They are both great guns IMHO. However, the role I was looking to fill was a BUG. Since the Shield is a little to tall for pocket carry I went with the Kahr. Yes, I could fit the Shield in my pocket, but I couldn't draw it from the pocket without snagging it on a regular basis as I could the CM9. So if you don't really plan on pocket carrying, then I understand your dilemma on choosing between the two blasters. If you do plan on carrying in the pocket at times I'd keep the Kahr and save a little more $ to get the Shield if you want it that bad.

If you're going to carry IWB, don't mind an external safety and the Shield fits your hand better, then it sounds like replacing the CM9 w/ the Shield is a no brainer. Like vegasdom, I wish you lived in Louisiana!

I am possibly the only person in the world who loves revolvers but was not impressed with the trigger on the CM9.

I had a Kahr PM9 for 2.5 years. Was going to buy a P9, hoping that it might recoil less. It was almost the same to me on the range rental. Rented a Shield for the heck of it (I never liked regular M&Ps because of the trigger - but the Shield has a different trigger).

I loved it. tracked a Shield down 2 days later and sold my Kahr by the end of that week. I am searching for a second 9mm Kahr now. Lower recoil, and I like the trigger much more

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    A second Kahr?

Got some local I interest in my cm9. Just gotta move it at a decent price. You guys that have sold them, what did you ask and what did you get for it?

Gotta give the nod to the Shield here if it is for IWB, non 'dress' attire! I have an M&P 9c and it carries very well in a Crossbreed Supertuck...

Do you think it's too bulky for a tucked in shirt? Not a nice shirt by any means but a typical work shirt that must be tucked.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I wonder why people think the shield is the same size as the cm9. It ain't. Its waaay closer to the CW9. Kinda like compairing a bersa thunder or walther PP series pistol to a 9 oz micro 380 from ruger 380 or maybe a the sw 380 bodyguard. To many people have to run out and buy the new flavor of the week it seems and will not or never did put the time in that makes a pistol work well for them. .

I bought my first kahr from a some beginer for 250 bucks. He hated it . 1 1/2 later and 2 other pistols he asked if I would sell it back. He bought a new one for $360 a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    Do you think it's too bulky for a tucked in shirt? Not a nice shirt by any means but a typical work shirt that must be tucked.
    If you're talking about the Shield...then no. I conceal an M&P 9c which is thicker than the Shield with a tucked in shirt sometimes, just have to 'blouse' your shirt out a lil' to aid in concealment.

I carry LC9s and usually use them in a pocket-carry and would recommend them over either the Kahr (which has a mixed reputation and poor and misleading advertising) and the Shield which is still a new gun and too big for pocket-carry. If you are going to consider the shield and IWB, you can go to many different reliable options and may wish to consider a double-stack for more rounds but, even in a single stack, you have several excellent options. One of the motives for going to a Kahr PM/CM, LC9 or any of the other pocket guns is to utilize in a pocket. If you have no intention of doing so, then I wouldn't consider ANY pocket gun and, instead look for a good mid-size gun that you are comfortable carrying IWB. I believe you originally mentioned that you have trouble with printing from the CM9-which being one of the smallest 9mms out there, I do not understand why you have so much trouble and, if you would prefer to pocket-carry WELL, you may consider hooking up with somebody locally that would be willing to show you how easy it is as the CM9 size is very easy to wear in a pocket if you have the right set-up.
    If you would simply like to get the shield because it is new and a nice gun, sell the CM9 and get it.
    Good luck!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Thanks seabass!

Quote Originally Posted by brianalisa View Post
    I carry LC9s and usually use them in a pocket-carry and would recommend them over either the Kahr (which has a mixed reputation and poor and misleading advertising) and the Shield which is still a new gun and too big for pocket-carry. If you are going to consider the shield and IWB, you can go to many different reliable options and may wish to consider a double-stack for more rounds but, even in a single stack, you have several excellent options. One of the motives for going to a Kahr PM/CM, LC9 or any of the other pocket guns is to utilize in a pocket. If you have no intention of doing so, then I wouldn't consider ANY pocket gun and, instead look for a good mid-size gun that you are comfortable carrying IWB. I believe you originally mentioned that you have trouble with printing from the CM9-which being one of the smallest 9mms out there, I do not understand why you have so much trouble and, if you would prefer to pocket-carry WELL, you may consider hooking up with somebody locally that would be willing to show you how easy it is as the CM9 size is very easy to wear in a pocket if you have the right set-up.
    If you would simply like to get the shield because it is new and a nice gun, sell the CM9 and get it.
    Good luck!
    Pocket carry isn't an issue and neither is capacity. This shield will fill a very specific role in which it needs to be very slim and comfortable as I drive all day for work. I just don't like the cm9 in my pocket. It's not that I have a hard time with it, it's just bigger than I'd prefer. Again though, pocket carry doesn't matter to me as I'm just looking for a small iwb rig. It will be worn in an old faithful iwb holster (like a cbst). Thanks for the input!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    LC9 vs Shield

Photo credit: bending_rodriguez on AR15.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links