Cm9 or Shield? - Page 3

Cm9 or Shield?

This is a discussion on Cm9 or Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks thunder. The lc9 just doesn't appeal to me....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cm9 or Shield?

Thanks thunder. The lc9 just doesn't appeal to me.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Just wanted to post that since there seems to be some confusion about the size of the Shield in relation to the LC9 and others.

I sold my CM9 and got the Shield. It shoots like a laser and has the much much better trigger. The only reason I could say to keep the shield over the CM9 is pocket carry. While the CM9 is still not optimal for pocket carry the Shield is virtually not an option for pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    Do you think it's too bulky for a tucked in shirt? Not a nice shirt by any means but a typical work shirt that must be tucked.

I generally carry my XDM 3.8 tucked in a slacks and a dress shirt every day all day. The Shield carries the same way 10 times easier.

Quote Originally Posted by brianalisa View Post
    I carry LC9s and usually use them in a pocket-carry and would recommend them over either the Kahr (which has a mixed reputation and poor and misleading advertising) and the Shield which is still a new gun and too big for pocket-carry. If you are going to consider the shield and IWB, you can go to many different reliable options and may wish to consider a double-stack for more rounds but, even in a single stack, you have several excellent options. One of the motives for going to a Kahr PM/CM, LC9 or any of the other pocket guns is to utilize in a pocket. If you have no intention of doing so, then I wouldn't consider ANY pocket gun and, instead look for a good mid-size gun that you are comfortable carrying IWB. I believe you originally mentioned that you have trouble with printing from the CM9-which being one of the smallest 9mms out there, I do not understand why you have so much trouble and, if you would prefer to pocket-carry WELL, you may consider hooking up with somebody locally that would be willing to show you how easy it is as the CM9 size is very easy to wear in a pocket if you have the right set-up.
    If you would simply like to get the shield because it is new and a nice gun, sell the CM9 and get it.
    Good luck!

TRIGGER TRIGGER TRIGGER

no other gun in this size comes even close to the trigger in the shield. which also makes it more accurate and controllable.

Thanks thunder an damon! If I were up moving around all day I'd probably carry a double stack but I'm stick in the driver's seat for a long time shield it is!

I totally agree about the shield trigger. That and the way it fit me like a glove are what really turned me onto it. I don't get why everyone loves the cm9 trigger...to each their own.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I would keep the CM9 if you like pocket carry. Otherwise I think the Shield is a better gun in almost every way- but the CM9 is still a good gun.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Administrator
    Steering away from the CM vs. Shield debate for a minute, lets look at the bigger picture.
    You have a CM9 now, which you are seemingly happy with except for the Igottahavethenewgunitis- By the time you buy the shield, get some holsters and magazines to go with it, you'll probably be pushing close to a 5-600 bucks out of pocket expense... and for what?

I'd keep what you got as long as it fills the role you intended it for.
    kal0, crue2009 and BigCityChief like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Steering away from the CM vs. Shield debate for a minute, lets look at the bigger picture.
    You have a CM9 now, which you are seemingly happy with except for the Igottahavethenewgunitis- By the time you buy the shield, get some holsters and magazines to go with it, you'll probably be pushing close to a 5-600 bucks out of pocket expense... and for what?

I'd keep what you got as long as it fills the role you intended it for.
    This is the post I was ultimately looking for, thinking about the benefits of keeping it and not blowing a pile of money. However I'll probably still go to the shield. I'm just more confident in it than I am the cm9. Trouble tearing it down and rough loading haven't inspired much confidence. I thought it was great at purchase time but not so much anymore.

And yes it's oiled, cleaned, well cared for, and out of its 250 round break in period.

dear Wreckingba11: even as the first responder to your post, i felt that you wanted the Shield. there's NOTHING wrong with that. i've been there, and i suspect that many others have, too. it seems that money is not a real issue, especially if you sell the Kahr, so get what you want. the Shield seems to be exactly what you want/need. if you don't trade, there will always be a nagging feeling in the back of your mind, and for what? all of us must compromise many times in our lives, but in this case, i see no need for you to do so. get the Shield and don't look back! best of luck. sensei2

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    shield is up to 400 rounds and running fine. it has coughed once with LRN that is a light target loads made for another gun.
    para pointy ammo up to +p 124 cor-bon loads are grouping under 2" double taps. the lock time is quite fast;
    suprisingly so for a striker fired gun. so the trigger is good--heck, its all good--especially the price.

percieved recoil is like shooting a cap gun. very pleasent, no fatigue
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Thanks sensei, you speak the truth. I have a few people looking to buy it and the shield should be mine soon!

Thanks for the range report Claude!

Looks good. I compared them both in the lgs, I'm pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    LC9 vs Shield

Photo credit: bending_rodriguez on AR15.com
    Thunder, thanks for the comparison as well. I was told that the Shield was quite a bit large than the LC9 but that is pretty close!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links