Cm9 or Shield?

This is a discussion on Cm9 or Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 I know right? I haven't gotten my iwb holster yet but I feel like with how thin this it should be ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cm9 or Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    I know right? I haven't gotten my iwb holster yet but I feel like with how thin this it should be fine. Just needs a good belt!
    LOL... I hope you were not smoking something when you made the trade. "Thin" ???? This word does not belong to BLOCK

CM9 in the middle, G26 and G19 on the sides:

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Haha nope. Thin comparatively? My other carry gun was an xdsc. This glock just feels thinner. I haven't bothered to check dimensions but this one just feels right. Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    LOL... I hope you were not smoking something when you made the trade. "Thin" ???? This word does not belong to BLOCK

CM9 in the middle, G26 and G19 on the sides:

I am considering this same trade: CM9 for the Shield. I can't seem to hit a barn with the CM9. But I don't understand why so many people are having trouble breaking it down. Basically the same as any other auto. Is it the tight recoil spring and holding the slide half way back?

For me it wasn't trouble so much as annoyance or the most part. Abou half the time the slide wouldn't come free of the frame.

Yeah, that part was kind of a pain... I never did figure out why that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    I am considering this same trade: CM9 for the Shield. I can't seem to hit a barn with the CM9. But I don't understand why so many people are having trouble breaking it down. Basically the same as any other auto. Is it the tight recoil spring and holding the slide half way back?
    you can learn to shoot any auto well. Just practice around the quirks of the gun. The CM9 is very accurate in the right hands, and as far as the break down being a pain......
    this is not ever something I consider whether I keep the gun or not. I just don't break a tough ones down as often as the easier ones. I hate losing money on a brand new gun trade until
    I've decided that I absolutely, positively hate the thing.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

i would get the shield. had a pm9. didn't really it all that much

Wreckingba11,

This glock just feels thinner. I haven't bothered to check dimensions but this one just feels right. Finally!

Glad to hear that the G26 feels goods to you and I hope it works out well for you. Did you see how it felt carried IWB? My first concealed carry gun was a Springfield XD in 40 S&W. It felt a lot better in my hand than did Glocks. It was not until after I tried carrying it in an IWB holster that I realized it was just WAY to thick for me to comfortably carry. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be much difference in the frame and slide thickness measurements of the Glock and XD. I'm much happier carrying IWB w/ a Kel-Tec PF9, 1911 or Kahr CW45.

Frame thickness
    XDSC1.18" (can't vouch for accuracy as this was a measurement I found; the SA website does not list grip thickness)
    Glock 1.18"

Slide thickness
    XDSC 1.04"
    Glock 1.03"

Is the kahr still for sale I'm abt 50 miles from you....?.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Gary you're probably right. It just feels more comfortable than my xd40 did. If nothing else I got the gun I wanted for the outdoors things I do an can pick up the shield later.

Sorry man the cm9 sold a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    For me it wasn't trouble so much as annoyance or the most part. Abou half the time the slide wouldn't come free of the frame.
    Ok, I do know what you are talking about. I have also experienced and haven't figured it out either. it just won't let go sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you can learn to shoot any auto well. Just practice around the quirks of the gun. The CM9 is very accurate in the right hands, and as far as the break down being a pain......
    this is not ever something I consider whether I keep the gun or not. I just don't break a tough ones down as often as the easier ones. I hate losing money on a brand new gun trade until
    I've decided that I absolutely, positively hate the thing.
    Part of my issue is I don't like the factory sights. If I am going to spend $100 + replacing them, I could just buy a gun with them on already that I may like better as well. I got a great deal on the CM9 and don't think I would loose much so $$ isn't the issue. I am not saying the Kahr is not accurate, but I am saying that I do really like my other 2 S&W's and can shoot well with them. Is anyone making custom holsters for it yet?

Wearing the glock iwb right now with a shirt tucked in. Love it!

The Shield is a more shootable weapon than my Kahr PM9. That being said I just picked up a Sig P938 and it puts the Shield to shame. I carry the Sig now.

A carry gun is a matter of personal preference. Shoot as many as you can before you make a decision. Sometimes the best investment you can make is to buy some ammo and shoot what you have!

My $.02.

Rick

The sig looks interesting, but I just don't want a SAO gun for pocket carry.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links