Cm9 or Shield?

This is a discussion on Cm9 or Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a cm9, shield and lc9. The kahr is the easiest to conceal the shield is the easiest to shoot and I don't like ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cm9 or Shield?

I have a cm9, shield and lc9. The kahr is the easiest to conceal the shield is the easiest to shoot and I don't like he ruger, it just seems cheap...

I carry the shield the most these days.

2. Remove Ads

Well I had a PM9 and have a Shield. Carried the PM9 90% of the time. I bought the PM9 to pocket carry but I couldn't do it in jeans so I sold it. After carrying the Shield now 100% of the time for a while I gotta say I miss the PM9. I love the Kahr trigger. The Shield had to be sent back for the gritty trigger. It came back better but still disappointed in it. People tell me it will get better with use....I hope so. I ended up buying a CW380 for pocket carry and I really like that little pistol. Good luck in your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    For me it wasn't trouble so much as annoyance or the most part. Abou half the time the slide wouldn't come free of the frame.
    Pull the trigger as you move the slide toward the end of the weapon. It will come right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    LC9 vs Shield

Photo credit: bending_rodriguez on AR15.com

I carry a Ruger SR40C & I love everything about it (Size, Weight, Balance in my hand) and especially the trigger. I shot my Buddy's LC9. I had a funny look on face, so he asked me "WHAT?" I expected a consistency between the LC9 and the SR triggers. It was a long trigger pull and felt gritty. That's not a bad reaction, just not expecting that. The LC9 has that long pull because it does lack a manual safety. I would need to become more accustomed to it like any other firearm.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I carry a Ruger SR40C & I love everything about it (Size, Weight, Balance in my hand) and especially the trigger. I shot my Buddy's LC9. I had a funny look on face, so he asked me "WHAT?" I expected a consistency between the LC9 and the SR triggers. It was a long trigger pull and felt gritty. That's not a bad reaction, just not expecting that. The LC9 has that long pull because it does lack a manual safety. I would need to become more accustomed to it like any other firearm.
    I've never seen an LC9 without a manual safety.

For the money, the CM9 is the best "pocket gun" on the market today. I'd keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Hows the recoil on the SR40C, i been looking at .45's and 40's for CCW.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I'm thinkin of a summer carry/pocketable (even though there is 2feet of ice on the lakes yet). Want to stay in the 9mm but would consider .380. Thinking CM9 route, is the shield pocketable? I have a M&P9C now. I am 6'0 230. what other recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    I'm thinkin of a summer carry/pocketable (even though there is 2feet of ice on the lakes yet). Want to stay in the 9mm but would consider .380. Thinking CM9 route, is the shield pocketable? I have a M&P9C now. I am 6'0 230. what other recommendations ?
    I have the CM9 currently and it's definitely pocketable. It's not as cozy in there as say an LCP but I have no problems pocket carrying the CM9 in basic cargo shorts.

I looked at the Shield (and the XDS) before buying the CM9 but they just seemed too big for pocket carry. That's not to say you couldn't do it with the right pants / shorts, though (i.e., something with real big pockets).
    CommonCents likes this.

Cm9 or Shield?

Shield is size of CW, not CM. To me it is not pocketable. But who knows , there are folks who claim they can carry g26 in their front pockets , too. So YMMV.... Lol

I DID have a Shield, and I still have the CM9.

BTW, just brought home a P938 last week, a tad smaller than CM9 :-) but consider very very close in size.
    CommonCents likes this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Shield is size of CW, not CM. To me it is not pocketable. But who knows , there are folks who claim they can carry g26 in their front pockets , too. So YMMV.... Lol

I DID have a Shield, and I still have the CM9.

BTW, just brought home a P938 last week, a tad smaller than CM9 :-) but consider very very close in size.
    so the p938 are generally carried cocked n locked in a pocket holster?

Cm9 or Shield?

Yes I will have to, i would not carry it un-cocked. Just make sure the trigger is fully covered by the holster. But I don't usually pocket carry, only occasionally. I mostly IWB most of the time though.
    CommonCents likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rnpollard View Post
    The Shield is a more shootable weapon than my Kahr PM9.

My $.02.

Rick

I had a Pm9 for years, but never really liked it much. Kinda snappy. Bought a Shield almost 2 years ago, and sold the PM9 that very same week after the first range trip.

The Shield is admittedly not a pocket gun for something like a pair of jeans. But I front pocket carry it in cargo pants all the time. And in the summer, I use a smart carry holster and carry the shield all summer long when I wear drawstring type shorts.

I've owned many subcompacts - the Shield is hands down my favorite of any I have ever owned.

Here is a comparison of a Kahr and SHield - sizewise:

The Shield is a great pistol, I own two, but it's no pocket gun. If you want to pocket carry stay with the CM9.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    two pistols similar in size to the Shield with better triggers and comparable accuracy. Walther PPS and Bersa BP 9CC.
    Smith & Wesson is actually late to the game with the Shield.....not the trend setter.

+1 on the PPS. Fantastic trigger, smooth shooting gun. IMO….better than the Shield.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links