Made myself sick......

This is a discussion on Made myself sick...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a chance to go shooting at a free range this past weekend. Well it was really a great friendly BBQ gathering at a friends ...

Thread: Made myself sick......

Made myself sick......

Got a chance to go shooting at a free range this past weekend. Well it was really a great friendly BBQ gathering at a friends house with an incredible plot of land. "Bring ALL Your Guns & a Side-Dish" was the invite.

Anyway, I have my SD9 IWB up front and the BUG (.380 Bodyguard) IWB in the back.

I was so focused and thought I was on top of my game. I have done this move 100 times in my bedroom with unloaded guns, of course.

My drill was to draw with 4 bullets in the 9mm. Mozambique with one in the left leg. Eject and reload with 4 more bullets. Repeat except right leg. So far so good. Go to transfer the S&W to the left hand.........................AND DROP IT IN THE SAND !!!!!

I kept my composure and unloaded 7 with the BUG. I stood humiliated, facing the targets, not wanting to look at my baby laying in the sand. Or my peers behind me

The Home-Owner SCREAMED out loud "It don't matter !!........You were out of ******* bullets anyway!! What you gonna do? Pick it up and throw it at them? Now come try out this shotgun and tell me what you think !!!"

One of the funnest days of my life and the oysters were incredible. Now back to practicing I still dropped my gun.

2. Remove Ads

Just a New York reload... if you're gonna do it, might as well do it right. Good job.

What's the problem? As stated, that's a proper NY reload. You ain't gonna waste time sticking it back in the holster...just drop it and go to the BUG.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Welcome to having made a mistake most of us will eventually make & not likely repeat. There is video of me (passed around my instructors police station) doing a drill where my weapon goes flying across a combat pit on the draw. I played it out back-handing the BG (target) in the face, retrieving my weapon & firing on him as I went for cover. I am just glad it happened in training so I am that much more prepared for if it ever happens in the real world.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

It would've been bad if there was no BUG. Not to worry. How do you like your SD9? I've got one and I love it.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    It would've been bad if there was no BUG. Not to worry. How do you like your SD9? I've got one and I love it.
    I love it except I have to take it to the gunsmith to be cleaned. I'm not taking a chance with all the sand.

Do not look at it as dirt...it is the lube of the gods....the angry, ticked off gods....that you must learn to work with in life.

Fortune Favors the Bold!

I like that kind of invitation!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Bulimia is a bad thing, don't make yourself sick.

I thought a Mozambique drill was double tap to COM followed by a head shot? But alas, I am not really into using buzzwords like Mozambique.
    So correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links