Springfield XDS? Glock 36? - Page 3

Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

This is a discussion on Springfield XDS? Glock 36? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Springfield Armory XDS by N0YZE Photo , on Flickr...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

I own many guns but primary carry guns for me are the Glock model 30 and a FNH.

I saw the XDS picked it,up and turned the the store clerk and said I will take it. Yup it feels that good. I will ring it out the Glock and FNH both have over 1800 rounds through them. Both function flawlessly and shoot very well. The XDS will go through the same paces but the thin profile and feel was really awesome.

Glock 36 is tried and true. The XD-S looks like a neat little pistol, but a little research shows that more than a few of them have been problematic so far:

XD-S Discussion Room - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I will shoot the heck out of this gun and report back. I read the threads over at Xd talk and it seems to me the same old chatter you see on about any gun.

Heck even the Glock gen 4 take a hit on the forums.

I have tendency to try them out and find out for my self.

Like I said it really felt nice in my hand and should conceal real nice with the slim profile.

As much as I love my model 30 it really could go on diet. It gets kinda heavy by the end of the day. So the Xds might fill the bill many many rounds down range in self defense drills will tell me the story not Internet chatter.

check out the armory channel on youtube he is selling his xds because of grip safety problems...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmHP View Post
    check out the armory channel on youtube he is selling his xds because of grip safety problems...
    My XDs is also having issues and I sent it back,that gun was far from ready for the public IMO
    my LGS had 6 and 2 were junk that needed to be sent back.....Try again at christmas IMO
    G36 is larger thou make no mistake about it

As far as the guy on the amory channel I think his grip issues were his
    own,his gun actually worked fine...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I recently stood at the counter at my favorite local gun store with both a Glock 36 and an XDs on the counter in front of me. I put the guns on hold at the dealer and came back here to do some looking on the web.

The 36 had some teething issues when it first came out. Those were solved and it's been pretty much standard Glock ever since. Eats anything with .45ACP on the box, reliable, same trigger as other Glocks, easy to take down and put back together.

I liked the concept of the XDs. It's thinner and the same length but taller than the G26. It's almost a pocket .45ACP. But I didn't like what I read about it on XD talk. It looks like about 20% of them have teething problems. It's also more complicated because it had both the trigger safety and the grip safety. I saw no benefit to the grip safety.

I bought the Glock 36 because while I like the concept of the XDs, it's just too new. There may be an XDs in my future, but it's a year or more in the future. I'll get a G30SF first.

I only have ~106 rounds out of the 36 so far, 6 of them were 160g COR-BON DPX, the rest my 230g Berry's plated round nose handloads and WWB. Not much of a test, but the gun was flawless with all of them, and seemed managable to shoot. It has more recoil than my 26 and 19, but it's not hard on the hands. The slide is a bit thinner than the 26 and 19, and the gun fits the same holsters which is a huge feature because I have a bunch of holsters for the two nines.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    20%!? I think you missed a decimal after the 2.

Posted using Tapatalk 2

I've owned many glocks over the years, including the so called subcompacts. At the end of the day, I find them to be boring, ugly, and fat.

I now own an XDs, and it is SO nice. Thin, small, well made, solid. It even sounds nice when you rack the slide, rather than toy like. The sights are very easy to see, and I love having metal magazines, mag release button, etc. Anyway, very impressed.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    20%!? I think you missed a decimal after the 2.

Posted using Tapatalk 2
    I was going by this poll on XD talk: XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - View Poll Results

The results have changed since I looked at it a week or so ago. It show about 10% having problems. I realize it's not particularely scientific, but it is better than just guessing.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    I have a new XDS and like it a lot. I don't have anything against Glocks at all and would happy to have a G36. However, I simply wanted to try this new XDS.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

PPK heat that is exactly where I am at just want to try one. My Glocks are good just want to have a 45 that is thinner and easier to carry.

Had a 36 and didn't like it and have a XDs and love it. Not a single ftf or any issue with my XDs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I was going by this poll on XD talk: XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - View Poll Results

The results have changed since I looked at it a week or so ago. It show about 10% having problems. I realize it's not particularely scientific, but it is better than just guessing.

Fitch
    You do realize that most people who come to internet forums come when they have problems, right? Most people who don't have problems simply live out there lives, helping their landladies take out their garbage, etc.... ;)

I have the Glock-36 as my EDC.
    I've never had an issue of any kind with it.
    It's a great weapon!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links