Springfield XDS? Glock 36? - Page 5

Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

This is a discussion on Springfield XDS? Glock 36? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own an XDS and not sure what everyone is talking about all the safety's. all you do is grip the gun and pull trigger ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

I own an XDS and not sure what everyone is talking about all the safety's. all you do is grip the gun and pull trigger and it makes a bang noise.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I'm a Glock guy. I've carried a G27 the first week they came out. Gen 2. But I now cc a Xds 45. Less recoil and really nice and slim. Sure less rounds. But imo Glock is a better more rugged guns. Dummy proof ready to shoot. The Xds once you know how to properly operate it it works great also. If Glock made a slim I would be all over it. G36 isn't slim to me. I have a G19,G23,& G27 I like Glock. But only for Owb. They would corner another market if they made better ergonomics. Grip safety is nice also for ppl who aren't sure. Easy to use. JMO

Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

I own Springfields and love them. Today I bought the Glock Autopistols magazine because I want to add more guns to my family so why not a glock. If I decide to buy a glock is it okay if I like both? Lol. I like all guns as long as they are not junk cheaply made and from what I have read Glocks are not just like Springfields.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I personally don't like Glocks. It has more to do with grip angle, and thickness than anything else. I went to Xd's after owning a Glock 22,23,19,17 and shooting the piss out of all of them. I didn't have any
    problems that weren't ammo related. With my XD's I have had a XD service, XDM 3.8 9mm and 5.25 9mm and the XDs 45. They point more naturally, they are just as dependable, I've never had an issue with the grip safety except
    that I like it, and they are all around better made pistols. I've never had an issue with any of them. I've rand them all out even put about 400 rds already on my 45 XDs and haven't had it long. I believe most of the issues with that gun come from people not gripping the gun with a bear grip. It's tiny compared to the 36. Much thinner and conceals much better. It's accurate as most service size pistols. I carry mine almost everyday.

The issue boils down to what fits you better. Not which gun is better. As you can see in everything I said it was all about preference over performance. Both will work, both are reliable, both are accurate, and both
    will save you life. As for the grip safety it's a non issue in firing your weapon if you grip the gun properly. The best thing about the grip safety is while IWB carrying or even OWB carrying as long as you lay your thumb up on the back of the slide nothing can grab the trigger and discharge the firearm like happens all the time with Glocks, M&P's and many other polymer style pistols. It's much safer pistol as far as reholstering goes.

IMO I don't think Springfield is better made. They are more finicky imo. They just feel better in the hand. The Xds is the only Springfield I like. The Xd and Xdm I hate the high sight axis.For CC the Xds works alot better then my G27. But if i were carrying a fullsize I would choose Glock...between the two...for now. JMO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links