Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

This is a discussion on Springfield XDS? Glock 36? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like this will be the new one that everyone wants (besides the Shield). I have a M&P 9c that I carry, but have been ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

Springfield XDS? Glock 36?

Seems like this will be the new one that everyone wants (besides the Shield). I have a M&P 9c that I carry, but have been looking at .45s as well. Guess I just need to pick one and stick to it.... So hard to do.

This new XDS looks pretty interesting, in a small package. Then noticed not much difference in size between the XDS and the Glock 36. What advantage does this XDS have over the Glock?
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

2. Remove Ads

XDS looks awesome. I have heard issues with g36, dont believe its trusted like the other glocks. Those who own one please jump in.
    But with the new XDs I am just not a fan of all the safety mechanisms.

VIP Member
    The G36 had a couple glitches back when it first came out, but they have long since worked out and now has a loyal fan base. I've often considered getting one, but I am quite content with the G30SF in that role.

XDS looks a lot sexier than the Glock (what doesn't?), but I'm not crazy about the grip safety.

VIP Member
    Glock 36?

I don't own one - I own TWO of them. Both have been absolutely reliable. One is set up as a carry piece and is my usual support side carry when I feel the need for a second gun. The other is for range work and competition.

I have no opinion on the XDs. I've never handled or shot one and will reserve judgment.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Glock 36?

I don't own one - I own TWO of them. Both have been absolutely reliable. One is set up as a carry piece and is my usual support side carry when I feel the need for a second gun. The other is for range work and competition.

I have no opinion on the XDs. I've never handled or shot one and will reserve judgment.
    I believe but dont quote me the Glock actually holds 1 more round than the XDS??

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    XDS looks a lot sexier than the Glock (what doesn't?), but I'm not crazy about the grip safety.
    Safties? You mean the trigger and the grip safety? You already have your appendages on those things if your going to shoot.
    lordj, kmagnuss, Knute and 1 others like this.

MJK
    My EDC is a G36. It is absolutely reliable; I have never had a malfunction with this platform and highly recommend it. The grip safety on the XDS could inhibit one-handed manipulations so I would not go that route.
    HandgunWorld likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramitupurs84 View Post
    Safties? You mean the trigger and the grip safety? You already have your appendages on those things if your going to shoot.
    I am familiar with how grip safeties are supposed to work. I mean that the grip safety on the XD line has been known to fail and cause a 'dead trigger'.

ahhh never heard of that. I know in my XDM I've never had any issues. I could see it.

Earlier this year, I purchased a Glock 36. As of this writing, I've shot about 250 rounds with it. It have been flawless!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I like the idea of the Glock 36 but it just seems REALLY big for what it is. It's almost the size of a G19 and less than half the capacity. I also like the idea of the XDS but it almost seems a little TOO small and has even less capacity. I've come to the conclusion that (for ME) the .45 is a GREAT cartridge but it's best off in full size, high cap guns like the Glock 21 and the FNP-45. I just don't think it scales down well.
    kmagnuss and sensei2 like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I like my G36.

Carries and shoots great.

g36 all the way

My VLB....(Violent Little B------)

no interest in another gun with a safety, grip safety yada, yada, yada. G36 is a great gun, and if you have not fired a 45acp out of a 20 oz gun, you are in
    for a ride.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    'VLB'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links