M&p40c ftf

This is a discussion on M&p40c ftf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody had any FTFs with their M&P's, specifically the M&P40C? When I got my M&P40C last year I had a few FTFs which seemed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&p40c ftf

M&p40c ftf

Has anybody had any FTFs with their M&P's, specifically the M&P40C? When I got my M&P40C last year I had a few FTFs which seemed to go away but have come back bad lately. I've cleaned the pistol after every range trip and have tried different ammo, nothing seems to work. If you manually work the slide (slowly) it feels gritty as the round hits the feed ramp. I'm guessing the feed ramp needs to be polished. Anybody have any similar experiences?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    No probs with mine after approx. 800-1000 rds.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

No problems with my 40c, when loaded it goes bang with every trigger pull.

MY M&Pc eats 40 & 357 sig like candy.... never a single failure of any kind in over 1k rds
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I must have about 500 rounds thru mine and never had a single problem shooting 40's.

Distinguished Member
    You could send it in for warranty service. No guarantees that they'd find anything but it might not hurt.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

My m&p has been 100 % for me

And to be honest yours is the first FTF I have seen on a board anywhere

If it were me, i would immediately call Customer service.

I did have a spring that went bad in a mag....... They were awesome with me
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Distinguished Member
    What ammo are you using? Both my 40 and 40c do not like Fiocchi, many of them will hang up just before entering the chamber, if you bump the back of the slide or just move it back slightly and release it will then chamber. They eat everything else I have thrown at them so I didn't diagnose the problem too thoroughly but I think the bullet profile had a lot to do with it. I also noticed when comparing a whole box the QC isn't very good as the lengths varied to the naked eye which is probably adding to the issue.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I've not had issues with my M&Ps,
    However I have read of someone else having FTFs with a M&P 9mm. Do you have any pictures of it when it FTFs? I would check the following.
    1. Is it with a specific magazine or all of them?
    2. Check the extractor tension as well as the breech face, it should be smooth and a round should slide easily under the extractor and be held loosely.
    3. Make sure the feed ramp is smooth.
    4. Inspect every thing and see if you can figure out where the grittyness is coming from
    Sent from this... Using that...

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    What ammo are you using? Both my 40 and 40c do not like Fiocchi, many of them will hang up just before entering the chamber, if you bump the back of the slide or just move it back slightly and release it will then chamber. They eat everything else I have thrown at them so I didn't diagnose the problem too thoroughly but I think the bullet profile had a lot to do with it. I also noticed when comparing a whole box the QC isn't very good as the lengths varied to the naked eye which is probably adding to the issue.
    I thought at first it was my ammo, I was using Federal FMJ. I think I had some good luck with Monarch (cheap stuff sold by Academy Sporting Goods) but that was at least 6 months ago. Then I tried some Speer Lawman and American Eagle FMJ yesterday with the same results as the Federal. In between I've put some Hornady and Winchester HPs through with no problems. I'm going to send it in for warranty work. I'll let you guys know what they say.

I've only ever had one problem with mine, and it was an FTE. I've put a few thousand rounds through it and that's the only one. I attribute it to ammo. Let us know how CS helps you.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Update: I filled out the Warranty Repair Request info on the S&W website yesterday and haven't received an email response yet. I called and the CSR I talked to said it can take 1-3 days to get a reply. So I'm waiting some more.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johns381 View Post
    Update: I filled out the Warranty Repair Request info on the S&W website yesterday and haven't received an email response yet. I called and the CSR I talked to said it can take 1-3 days to get a reply. So I'm waiting some more.
    I submitted my request on a Thursday and received my label by email on Monday morning.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I submitted my request on a Thursday and received my label by email on Monday morning.
    I got the label this morning and sent it off this afternoon.

What was wrong with yours?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johns381 View Post
    I got the label this morning and sent it off this afternoon.

What was wrong with yours?
    It was for my wife's Sigma 9F which had light strikes and was ejecting straight at the shooter's face.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links