Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my Lc9 closeing in on about a year . Love this Gun its been flawless I pocket carry in Black hawk holster ...

Thread: Ruger LC9

Ruger LC9

I have had my Lc9 closeing in on about a year .

Love this Gun its been flawless I pocket carry in Black hawk holster .

It goes threw a rotation with my other pocket carrys I do about a week carry rotation .

Its a nice gun

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I shot one and it was reliable with good size and capacity. Here is what I thought about the trigger, safety, safety warnings on the barrel, mag safety.

Last edited by C hawk Glock; June 9th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I am a fan of Rugers in general and own about 8 at last count but the LC9 is one of the few Rugers I don't care for. Its not a bad compact but there are several on the market now for about the same price (Bersa is one for example) and others that cost a bit more but are better guns and worth the extra money IMO.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    The LC9 is my favorite for pocket carry.I love my G26,but day in day out the LC9 wins. Many people I know claim to carry larger frame guns. I also know many of those guns are left in the car.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    I like my LC9 no problems, use a leather pocket carry or an IWB hybred. I do not like my Bersa 380 Thunder. (it is a 380, never feeds reliableand it stove pipes all the time). I do not have these problems with the Ruger. Paid $300 for the LC9 and $238 for the Bersa I guess you get what you pay for. At least the mags are cheaper for the Bersa but they don't work very well.

I like mine but I don't carry it often.

I've picked up an LCR and carry it far more often. Its the LCR or LCP with me most days.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have 2 LC9s and have 900 rounds through the first one with one FTF or FTE (20yr.old ammo.) and on the 2nd LC9, a little over 500 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I also have an LCP with approx. 700 rounds through it and no misfires after the first 3 or 4 mags (turned out the mags needed to sit full for a couple weeks). 95% of all ammo was cheap target ammo. Excellent guns!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Links