1st Range session with Bersa BP9CC: as good as my Glock?

This is a discussion on 1st Range session with Bersa BP9CC: as good as my Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Joined a local range today, and took out the Bersa BP9CC that I have been so excited about. I have read numerous positive reviews, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1st Range session with Bersa BP9CC: as good as my Glock?

Joined a local range today, and took out the Bersa BP9CC that I have been so excited about. I have read numerous positive reviews, and was hoping my experience would be a good one, especially in light of my adventures with my Diamondback 380 (Separate post, with Parental Warning due to vulgar and abusive language in-between the lines).

Grabbed a value-pak of Remington 115 grain ball ammo and set up some targets at 25 and 50 feet and off the races we go. Magazines were loaded with 7 rounds, and I didn't bother putting one in the chamber since I just wanted to get a feel for how she would run and get a general feel for how the sights worked for hitting POA at 25 and 50 feet. The Bersa is set up with a 3-dot sight system, so it is pretty simple to line up the 3 dots in a single row and pull the trigger.

At 25 feet, POI was about 5 inches low. Centered fine, but low. At 50 feet, POI was about 3 inches low. Again, centered fine, but definitely low. Recoil was minimal. Trigger pull was a dream, and the re-set is so close that double-taps almost seem to be automatic.

I fired a total of 100 rounds today. Without cleaning anything. It ran 100%. Not a single FTE, FTF, nothing. Went bang every single time I pulled the trigger. Hmmm....the last time that happened was when I fired my Glock 26. The time before that was when I fired my first Glock 19.

They only thing I plan to do is replace the rear sight with a lower night sight, which will be Glock. The front sight is replaceable with the Sig night sights, but if my thinking is correct I need to lower the rear in order to raise the POI. It may just be the way I shoot, but at my age it is easier to adjust the sights than to change the way I shoot!

All in all, the Bersa BP9CC grades out at 100% A+ perfect. Couldn't ask anything more of a gun that what it did today. And after all my tribulations with the Diamondback, I don't take it for granted that a gun will be 100% reliable anymore. There are plenty of absolute dogs out there, and I have had more than one that had be put down. Too bad there isn't a Humane Society for gun makers whose goods just don't merit being on the market. But I guess that's what this forum is all about! I fully intend to purchase another BP9CC as soon as I can find one: seems that every LGS in my market is out of stock, and based on how this beauty runs, it is for very good reason.
    Attached Images

Hello, and welcome to the underrated yet amazing world that is Bersa.

You've pretty much hit on exactly the reason why I think the Bersas are the best kept secret in the CC world. Their solidity and build quality has them up on a level that could be described as Glock-like reliability, particularly the 9mm variants. Until I found my Bersa Thunder 9, I too have never found a 9 that is as hard to trip up as the Glock I used to own.

For your accuracy, I've heard that Bersa's shoot low for some...has to do with the way you line the sights up on the target. The sights have to cover the point of aim rather than sit just below it as you may be used to. As you say though, it may be easier for you to just adjust your sights rather than change the way you shoot.

Enjoy your Bersa!
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

VIP Member
    You got a long long long way to go before I start taking a Bersa over a Glock 19. I am sure it's a fine firearm, but we are talking about one of the finest if not thee finest combat handguns ever to be made. I would like to shoot this model of Bersa though and test her out.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

c hawk Glock: I understand 100%. The Glock is without exception the finest handgun ever made. I own and shoot the G19 and G26. My G19 was purchased in 1991 and I have unfailing faith in it.

If Glock made a single-stack 9mm handgun, I'm sure it would be very very similar to the BP9CC. I own them all, and the Bersa absolutely blew my socks off today. yes, it's only 100 rounds. But they were 100 PERFECT rounds. And the trigger, in my opinion, is nicer than the GLock and has a shorter re-set.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Bersa is the best military handgun in the world, but I would say it is top-tier and every bit the gun that the G19 and G26 are in MY world!

If I were being sent to Afghanistan to take on the sheet-wearing self-detonating extremists, I'd take the Glocks. For carrying concealed in South Carolina, the BP9CC will do me just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post

I fired a total of 100 rounds today. Without cleaning anything. It ran 100%. Not a single FTE, FTF, nothing. Went bang every single time I pulled the trigger. Hmmm....the last time that happened was when I fired my Glock 26. The time before that was when I fired my first Glock 19.

They only thing I plan to do is replace the rear sight with a lower night sight, which will be Glock. The front sight is replaceable with the Sig night sights, but if my thinking is correct I need to lower the rear in order to raise the POI.

FORS -- Front Opposite Rear Same. Shooting low, you want to move POI up, you need a higher rear sight.
    BugDude, nedrgr21 and Dandyone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    FORS -- Front Opposite Rear Same. Shooting low, you want to move POI up, you need a higher rear sight.
    Beat me to it.

Bersa, put the front sight right on top on your target like you were looking through it at your target and you'll be right on. That's how I learned to shoot and the Bersa tends to be set up this way out of the box. If you don't want to change your sight picture, then higher rear sights will be the fix.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Bersas are some of the most reliable, accurate handguns I own. No, they're not a Glock, but I paid $337 for my BP 9CC with loaded chamber indicator, polyganol rifled barrel, excellent 3 dot sights, and nickel plated slide. Hard to go wrong with a Bersa. I posted here last year that the BP 9CC was the best single stack 9mm to be offered in 2011 and was chastised for saying such a thing about an unheard of pistol by a no name company. Foo's.

BTW, the Bersa 45 Ultra Compat pictured at the bottom will outshoot my Glock 30SF. Blasphemy!!!

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

If you are going to carry the Bersa, try running some heavier and/or hotter ammo through it. See if your POI is higher. It probably will be. I've owned a couple of hand guns that shot low with cheap ammo but right to POI with heavier and/or hotter ammo.

BTW, that Bersa looks great!
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    You like it great. You don't like it great. Every firearm-related thread goes thru the same reinforcement replies. Based on the replies, I would assume you are now thrilled with your Bersa.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Have heard nothing but good things about bersas. I held one of those BP's at my range before I ever even knew bersa had come out with them. It felt really nice, if I could go back now I'd probably buy it on spot.

Just one thing though, you ran just 100 rnds of the same ammo through it and you feel its already 100% reliable? Kinda low, especially for a carry gun isn't it?
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    If you are going to carry the Bersa, try running some heavier and/or hotter ammo through it. See if your POI is higher. It probably will be. I've owned a couple of hand guns that shot low with cheap ammo but right to POI with heavier and/or hotter ammo.

BTW, that Bersa looks great!
    Yep. Try some 124 grain, NATO, or defense ammo

I plan to shoot the balance of the 250-rounds of Remington ball, and then move to a better-quality ammo for the last of my 350-round break-in. I already said 100 rounds wasn't a lot, but I think it's a great indicator of what I can expect.

And KelCarry, the comments posted on this thread don't determine my like or dislike for the gun. I already stated in the opening post that I was very pleased with its' performance, as I think anyone would be. Hard to find faults when it functions perfectly. If you prefer the Kahr, that's fine, too. For me, the Kahr was over-priced and under-featured. That doesn't make it a bad choice, it just makes it a bad choice for me.
    Philly Boy likes this.

The BP9CC is a great little pistol for the money, my friend just bought one.

It is much improved over the UC models which I would rate as good
    (i had a 40UC)

The 40 UC is just a bit too fat for comfortable IWB, I have also switched to only buying american made pistols since then as well.

When I shot the BP9CC i was very impressed

I still would take my M&P but I think Bersa has a winner for the price
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I pick up and get to shoot my BP9CC tomorrow.
    I am really excited
    I spent quite a bit of time hunting this gun down, no one had it, and the guy at Ocala armory told me there was no such gun, and quoted me a MUCH higher price, but thats another story.
    Finally found one at the Gun shop and range on 44 in Leesburg.
    Sent in my CCW permit the other day and I am looking forward to getting that
    Any ideas on a good IWB holster?
    Ammo size reccomendations?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links