Liking my Beretta Nano more and more.

This is a discussion on Liking my Beretta Nano more and more. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying my Nano more frequently as the temperatures continue to heat up here in Alabama.I have put around 400 rounds through it ...

Thread: Liking my Beretta Nano more and more.

Liking my Beretta Nano more and more.

I have been carrying my Nano more frequently as the temperatures continue to heat up here in Alabama.I have put around 400 rounds through it without any problems at all. I can shoot it more accurately than I really though possible. And it carries very comfortably whether it is in my pocket or IWB with the Remora holster I bought for it.

I have seen a quite a few bad reviews on the Nano about FTE. I have also seen a lot of good reviews. Sometimes you get lucky and get a well made machine without a hiccup. I want to believe that it was the extra time in preparation I put into it before I ever fired it. Since I read about the FTE issues, I went ahead and polished the feed ramp and chamber. I think this is what may have made a difference in the pistol working without any problems. I recommend doing it or having a gunsmith do it for you if you buy one.

Other than that, the trigger is great right out of the box. The recoil is rather mild for such a tiny little 9mm, and very accurate. I am able to hit an 8 inch target at 25 yards standing. With a 3 inch barrel, I think that is really hard. At self defense ranges, I can rack up 2 inch groups easily.

So if you are considering this gun, I recommend it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I have been carrying my Nano more frequently as the temperatures continue to heat up here in Alabama.I have put around 400 rounds through it without any problems at all. I can shoot it more accurately than I really though possible. And it carries very comfortably whether it is in my pocket or IWB with the Remora holster I bought for it.

I have seen a quite a few bad reviews on the Nano about FTE. I have also seen a lot of good reviews. Sometimes you get lucky and get a well made machine without a hiccup. I want to believe that it was the extra time in preparation I put into it before I ever fired it. Since I read about the FTE issues, I went ahead and polished the feed ramp and chamber. I think this is what may have made a difference in the pistol working without any problems. I recommend doing it or having a gunsmith do it for you if you buy one.

Other than that, the trigger is great right out of the box. The recoil is rather mild for such a tiny little 9mm, and very accurate. I am able to hit an 8 inch target at 25 yards standing. With a 3 inch barrel, I think that is really hard. At self defense ranges, I can rack up 2 inch groups easily.

So if you are considering this gun, I recommend it.
    Put one on the "wish list" today at the LGS. No idea when it might come in, since it's such a hot item right now. I've really wanted one since they came out. It looks perfect for me. lol.

I actually went down to get a Sig Sauer P290, but when I saw the Nano on the shelf, I said, "MINE!!!" They said when they do get one in, it never lasts more than a couple of hours before its sold. About now they usually have a couple on hand.

So, what are they selling for? I see that Gander Mountain has them advertised for $429!
    Tony

VIP Member
    in the words of Robin Williams "Nano Nano"
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I picked mine up for $428 at Academy Sports and Outdoors in Alabama. Woods and Water has them for $429 I think.

+1 on the Nano. I really like mine. Small enough to barely notice when you're carrying it. Very accurate for such a small gun.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Another Nano supporter. Carries effortlessly and is a great shooter for its size.

To the OP...I have 1000 rounds through my stock Nano, with no issues. The mods you did are great, but to say they are necessary to make the Nano "work" or not have a hiccup, is not necessarily accurate.

I know there are plenty of Nano haters, but it is a great firearm. It'll be sticking around in my stable. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    So, what are they selling for? I see that Gander Mountain has them advertised for $429!
    My local shop said $429, if they can get one. Scheels had one awhile back for $399, and I really regret not getting it.

Just picked one up and I like it alot. One of the negative comments I've heard about the nano was that it did not have a slide release lever but I've owned a few compact and sub compact pistols and have had a problem with keeping my thumb off the slide release while shooting which prevented slide from locking back on last round sometimes. Not the perfect pistol but in this category one of my favorites. Built very well which I like.

RE: Original Post - Good to hear because it duplicates my own experience this past Sunday afternoon. I've had my Beretta Nano about 3 weeks but was the first time I've been able get to the range. I ran about 200 rounds (124 gr FMJ from Sellier & Bellot) with 100% bang with 0% FTE. It worked perfectly. I did clean & oil before going to the range. This little gun fits my hands well (I have medium size hands), recoil was mild, I could hit an 8" paper plate at SD distances and reached a point where all rounds were within about a 5" circle... when I did my part. The long trigger pull required me to be careful not allow the end of the barrel to "dip down". Otherwise, a great little gun. I'm happy with it... it's a keeper!
    Last edited by txpate; June 18th, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Mine has been seeing more carry action as it has started warming up.

Cove creek outfitters Bedford pa had them for $380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $399 for my. Back in June. I took to the range and put 300 reloads of 115 gr round nose and 100 round of Winchester white box 115gr. It work great. That my carry gun. 😄

Links