are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

This is a discussion on are you liking the Beretta Nano ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looked at one yesterday. $450 tag. No external slide lock/release = bad. Long heavy DA = bad. Nice try but fail....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Looked at one yesterday. $450 tag. No external slide lock/release = bad. Long heavy DA = bad. Nice try but fail.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I just discovered this pistol today. I really like the size. The no-external slide lock/release seems a little weird. I don't know if that would bug me or not, I've never thought about it.

I'm wondering how it stacks up against the Ruger, Kahr & Kel-Tec equivalents.

You get used to no slide lock pretty easily. During normal operation it still locks back on an empty magazine. If you need to lock it back for other reasons, just insert empty mag and pull back. Drop mag if you need to.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxmd View Post
    I do NOT like the fact beretta has not released night sights yet. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Nano Trijicon Night Sights
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

It cooled off here after 2 nights of rain so I made it to the outdoor range I like. This was my first opportunity to use the Pearce Grips mag extensions since I installed them on the Nano. Wow, what an improvement. Today I shot 100 Winchester 124gr Nato FMJ, 42 RWS 124gr FMJ, and 12 Hornady 135gr Critical Duty JHP. Zero malfunctions. As you can see there has been a varity of rounds I've shot. Only had 6 FTEx from Blazer and Lawman. I was really surprised about Speer Lawman 124gr. I am extremely happy with the Nano. It is really easy to find ammo that my Nano likes. As far as the slide lock goes, I have never missed it. When the last round is shot the slide locks open. The gun is solid and very well built and very accurate. The take down for cleaning and lubing is very quick and easy. I like the pocketability of the Nano. One of the most comfortable ways for me is using the Remora 4ART holster in my right rear pocket with a T-shirt covering it up. My current carry load is Hornady 135gr Critical Duty JHP. My count to date is:

Nano NU0018xx
    250 Monarch 115gr FMJ brass
    50 Monarch 124gr JHP brass
    150 RWS 124gr FMJ brass
    8 Speer Gold Dot 115gr GDHP
    197 Winchester 124gr NATO brass
    12 Hornady 135gr Critical Duty
    50 Blazer 115gr FMJ brass (2 FTE)
    100 Speer Lawman 124gr FMJ (4 FTE)
    25 PMC 115gr FMJ (very old but worked OK)

Which grip extension from Pearce did you install?

Yeah, show us.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Hello all.

I purchased the Nano less then a week ago and was able to make it to the range today. I purchased this firearm for CC.

My issue and question is this. Have you found the Nano picky about what you feed it? I've read reports that it prefers 124 grain. I just wanted to get some additional advice/info.

I shot 115gr Federal and 115gr PMC today. I had several (probably 8-10) FTEs in 100 rounds. The FTEs were so common I eventually called the range master to confirm there wasn't an issue with the firearm itself. He fired a couple rounds and advised me to "lock out" my arm. I tried again and was able to get 15 rounds through without an FTE. Sadly my range time was over so that's all I was able to shoot after that tidbit.
    When I purchased it I brought it home and field stripped it. There was a small burr/knick on the lower right hand corner of the ramp. I took it back to the dealer the next day and they polished the ramp for me, which is what Beretta said they would do when I called them that morning. Could this be causing the FTE issue even though the polish has already been done?

I also have a Ruger SR9 and I don't have nearly the trouble I had with the Nano today. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the Nano. Needless to say I'm extremely discouraged, but I am determined to figure out what my problem is. I don't blame the gun, it has to be something I'm doing wrong, as I've never shot a firearm this small before and I've never had a Beretta before.

Other then the FTE issue I love the firearm. It's simplistic streamline design makes it extremely attractive for CC. I'm anxious to get back to the range.

Shoot higher grain ammo and see if the problem persists. Others have reported the same issues with the lighter stuff.
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

eb
    I had one for a while and eventually traded it. The gun ran reliably on 124gr or 147gr ammo, it was prone to hang-ups on 115gr. This is well known and admitted by Beretta, so not a problem per se, just something to keep in mind. I found it to be accurate, and a light shooter for the size of the thing. This is probably because its a heavy gun for its size, which is a strike against it. I ended up never carrying it due to the low capacity. Nice gun, I just didn't give a crap if that makes sense.

Extended mags are on the Beretta web site. Not available yet but at least they're coming.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Found the gun to be too heavy... Opted for a cheaper DB9.. I got lucky with a reliable one.

What guns are lighter that are the same size? PM9 ans DB9? What else?
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

I've found my Nano to be 100% reliable regardless of bullet weight. I've shot a mix of WWB, Remington UMC, and Federal 115gr with no problems. Carry with either Speer Gold Dot 124gr or Hornady Critical Duty/Defense. And I'm very accurate with it compared with my full size M&P9.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links