are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

This is a discussion on are you liking the Beretta Nano ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am glad a lot of people here like theirs. I hate mine, and will not carry it. Too many fte, (even with 124Gr). If ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

I am glad a lot of people here like theirs. I hate mine, and will not carry it. Too many fte, (even with 124Gr). If you think that I am alone, do a web search for Beretta Nano problems.

I took the slides off of my Nano and Glock 27. I removed the recoil springs and put a bullet into each barrel. I then pushed the barrels back to engage the extractor onto the bullet. The Glock took a firm push to get the extractor to snap onto the bullet. The Nano went on easy, (maybe too easy). I then moved the barrels forward to see if the extractor pulled the bullet with a firm grip. Glock yes, Nano no. On the Nano, the back of the bullet drops a lot due to the angle of the barrel. This slides most of the bullet out of the extractor.

I did a web search on the Sig Sauer P290, (very similar to the Nano), and it looks like the bugs on that gun have been worked out. Beretta does not seem to be as concerned about their product.

2. Remove Ads

Send it to Beretta and have them fix it.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

This little gun sparks my interest. Might come in handy for the summer here.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    I've been perusing the Kahr and Beretta forums for a long time. I'm noticing a lot of malfunctions on Kahrtalk.com. I've noticed very many less malfunctions on the Beretta forums.

The Kahrs just don't seem to fit within my general notions of obedience - their magazines are fluecked up and they won't admit it. We'll see how this arrogance flies through the free market now that the Forgiver has gone away.

I'm altering my view on saving for a Kahr. I'm putting my philosophy into a Nano.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Love the nano, no complaints here. Reading some comments about the lack of a slide release, why do you need it. There are many guns that work exactly like the nano or should I say the nano work exactly like these guns without slide releases. The Walther PPK a great pistol, I still carry mine all the time. The sig 232 doesn't have one either and that pistol is superb. I have learned that they are not necessary, because I am left handed. Never use them on my Glocks either. By the way glock doesn't even consider it a slide release to them it's only a slide lock. Learn to work the whole slide instead, most of these slide locks (releases) are too small anyway, and when your in the heat of trouble your fine motor skills will not be there to manipulate these little devices.

Beretta designed the Nano to have interchangeable frames. They should make one with a slide release cutout and sell it with a slide release as a kit.
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

I have had my Nano for a couple of weeks now and after 2 trips to the range and about 400 rounds through the gun it is getting the lions share of the holster time these days, I doubt it will replace my G19 all of the time but for those quick trips to the store and summer carry you could do a lot worse than this little gem.
    Gen 3 G19 ~ Gen 3 G19 OD ~ Gen 3 G34 ~ PT 738 ~ M&P 9mm ~ Ruger 22/45 4" bull barrel ~ Marlin 60~ PSA M4 Carbine ~

I just paid off the layaway on my Nano from Bud's and am waiting for it to arrive at my local FFL! I hope it lives up to all the good press. Last week I got to handle one but not shoot it; I liked the feel and it's very compact. As soon as I put the deposit down I ordered a Kydex neck holster and a pocket holster for it, so I should have some options ready to go. The Nano is even more compact than the Bersa BP9CC I've been carrying, so if it runs well it will give me even more options for CCW.

I have had my Nano (S/N NU0018xx) over a year. With 1050 rounds down range it still runs well. No complaints and I carry it daily. I did add the Lasermax and the 8 round mag. Both of which I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I just paid off the layaway on my Nano from Bud's and am waiting for it to arrive at my local FFL! I hope it lives up to all the good press. Last week I got to handle one but not shoot it; I liked the feel and it's very compact. As soon as I put the deposit down I ordered a Kydex neck holster and a pocket holster for it, so I should have some options ready to go. The Nano is even more compact than the Bersa BP9CC I've been carrying, so if it runs well it will give me even more options for CCW.
    How do you do layaway? I didn't know they did that.
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Send it to Beretta and have them fix it.
    I am hesitant to send it because Taurus says the gun is fine, the ammo is bad. If I send it in, they will fire it a few times and send it back. I was hoping that some aftermarket company would come out with a good spring, or extractor, or whatever. I went to the Beretta forum, and on one thread there was 15 pages of people begging Beretta to come out with a fix. The Beretta rep kept saying good gun bad ammo. The rep then closed the thread. Said the OP had updated his post.

Taurus?
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    How do you do layaway? I didn't know they did that.
    All you do is put the gun in the cart as normal; there's an option for layaway when you go to check out. You have to put down at least 20% with the rest due in 90 days. I've bought two guns already this way and have a third on layaway right now. You may have to use a checking account for the initial down payment or maybe it can be a CC, I don't remember right off the top of my head. I've used ACH because you get the cash price which is cheaper than the CC price. If I had to pick nits, it does sometimes take them a week to ten days to process the payment right now due to the volume of panic buying going on. But beyond that I've never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I am glad a lot of people here like theirs. I hate mine, and will not carry it. Too many fte, (even with 124Gr). If you think that I am alone, do a web search for Beretta Nano problems.
    That sucks! I'm sorry you've had so many problems. I will say that the bulk of what I've read is positive, but I don't have mine yet. We shall see. But I will say that regardless of the make or model, you can get a good one or a bad one. Few if any companies are immune to lemons. The better companies will make it right, but no matter what I buy I won't trust a gun until it's been proven reliable by my own range experience.

I'm still learning my Nano. I got to shoot it the other day and for the most part it functioned well. I shot about 65 rounds through it. It was accurate and comfortable to shoot. Recoil was manageable. It shot Golden Saber 124 grain +P ammo flawlessly. It shot some Spanish ammo that my dad gave me flawlessly (don't know what grain that was). I had 3 failed to extracts on the cheap 115 grain Federal ammo from Walmart. It did it on the first loaded mag of federal that I shot. I shot several more mags of the Federal ammo without any problems. I need to do more testing to get a better idea of what I'm up against. Mine is a recent manufactured one Serial Number starting in NU032...

My wife also shot it, and really liked it. The longer heavier trigger (She has a P238) wasn't an issue for her although the first couple of shots she wasn't expecting such a long pull since she's more used to the single action P238. She was also pleased with the lack of recoil it had.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links