are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

This is a discussion on are you liking the Beretta Nano ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DannyB1954 I am hesitant to send it because Taurus says the gun is fine, the ammo is bad. If I send it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: are you liking the Beretta Nano ?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    I am hesitant to send it because Taurus says the gun is fine, the ammo is bad. If I send it in, they will fire it a few times and send it back. I was hoping that some aftermarket company would come out with a good spring, or extractor, or whatever. I went to the Beretta forum, and on one thread there was 15 pages of people begging Beretta to come out with a fix. The Beretta rep kept saying good gun bad ammo. The rep then closed the thread. Said the OP had updated his post.
    There is not one person I have seen on the Beretta forums that has sent their Nano back and had Beretta just fire it and tell them nothing is wrong. If you are experiencing FTE then they will (at least) replace the extractor. The earlier models had issues with FTE and there was a design change on the ejection port. Most newer owners are reporting zero issues with hundreds of rounds fired and some are even using 115gr ammo with no problems.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I picked my new nano up today and fired about 50 rounds of 115 through it... The sight was so far off I completely missed the target at 10 yards the first three shots... at 10 yards it was constantly low and left by 9-12 inches across three people who didnt believe me..

Aside from that I really enjoyed mine.
    I'll have the sights adjusted by soeone who knows what there doing (I know it's user adjustable).

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RetchedOne View Post
    I picked my new nano up today and fired about 50 rounds of 115 through it... The sight was so far off I completely missed the target at 10 yards the first three shots... at 10 yards it was constantly low and left by 9-12 inches across three people who didnt believe me..

Aside from that I really enjoyed mine.
    I'll have the sights adjusted by soeone who knows what there doing (I know it's user adjustable).
    You need to move your target over.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    and they call glocks ulgy!
    You should see the new SAI custom jobs at $2500.00 for Tier1. They have some kind of super dooper trigger job+a new type of grip...can't explain other than to say it reminds me of the Zimmeritt finish put on Tiger tanks in WWII. Lots of fluting to reduce weight and the barrel and action at the ejection port is same color as GOLD. These Glocks are sure some perty guns. They are Super Top Notch.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

my nano

I have had my nano for a about a month and a half or so now and its my every day carry. I did have to send it in to Beretta though for the extraction issues that they are known for. but after all that it s a great gun and convinced my brother in law to get one. I did put the rubber talon grips on it as well which I was shocked how big of a differance it made! I could shoot that thing all day with no issues.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Wow, this thread has been runnin' awhile! I've got over 1000 rounds thru my Nano by now and have never had a failure of any kind. It's become my primary CCW. It's also surprisingly accurate. I've got four mags for it and CCW in a Garrett Silent Thunder IWB.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

When I first got my Nano i had a few issues with 115 grain bullets. Failure to eject and feed. Higher grain bullets did just fine. This past weekend i fired 50 rounds of 115 grain and 0 problems. I have used the Beretta 92 for years and loved it now my favorite has to be the Nano.
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    I've been carrying mine since Feb and still love it. And I still haven't had a failure yet, either. Nowadays it's splitting time with my HK USPf9, though. When I can dress to conceal it I like having a full sized service-type sidearm like the USP on me. But it's been pretty hot lately so I've been toting the Nano mostly. With the 6 round mag (carried +1) it hides easily under just a T-shirt. With the 8 rounder (also +1) it still conceals very well, but not quite as well obviously. I've got a spare mag in a SHTF Gear horizontal carrier, so I usually have at least those 15 round on me.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Mine has proven reliable and accurate with 400 rounds through it! I carry it in a Remora every day!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

One of my carry guns. VERY comfortable with it.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." -- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I'm pretty excited after watching the video. I've had my Nano for over a year and have yet to shoot it. I hate to use up my 9 mm ammo when replacement is so hard to come by.

I love my Nano. It's one of the new ones. I think the new ones come with one regular and one extended mag. After reading about some problem with 115 grain ammo I have always shot hotter stuff. Not had one problem at all. Mine conceals well in a PJ Holster IWB. I find it just a tad too big for pocket carry in jeans but cargo shorts works well for me. YMMV.

I love my Nano. 100% reliable, forget its there in a crossbreed mini IWB. Beretta night sights are awesome, and is way more comfortable than any of the other single stack nines that I tried. Lack of a slide stop doesn't bother me one little bit.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links