"new" used sig p226

"new" used sig p226

This is a discussion on "new" used sig p226 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just traded for a Sig P226 and am wondering if I can use the serial # to find out when it was manufactured WITHOUT paying ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 21bubba
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45
  • 1 Post By sensei2
  • 1 Post By gottabkiddin

Thread: "new" used sig p226

"new" used sig p226

Just traded for a Sig P226 and am wondering if I can use the serial # to find out when it was manufactured WITHOUT paying about $50 to have Sig Arms look it up for me. Does anyone know if this is possible or do I have to go to Sig to do it? Thanks for any helpful info. Have not shot it yet, but don't expect any problems.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Just traded for a Sig P226 and am wondering if I can use the serial # to find out when it was manufactured WITHOUT paying about $50 to have Sig Arms look it up for me. Does anyone know if this is possible or do I have to go to Sig to do it? Thanks for any helpful info. Have not shot it yet, but don't expect any problems.
    Sig forum has a list of some serial number series that may be able to get you real close.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Also, if it is an older German manufactured one, the proof Marks can tell you the year. And if it marked W. Germany or Germany, that gives you an idea of age too.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

a guide to get you started, anyway.

1. does your gun have a rail on the dustcover? if yes, it was made in the early 2000's or later.

2. no rail, but an external extractor? it was made from 1996 until the early 2000's. these models may have a slide machined from stainless steel and blackened. does the slide have, "stainless" engraved on it somewhere? again, made mid-90's and after.

3. no rail, and an internal extractor? the earliest model. made from the 1980's until 1996.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Thanks for all the hints:they all have helped. What a forum!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

If you got the Sig case with it, it should have the manufactured date on it...

Congrats on the new Sig..awesom firearms IMO.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on the 226!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Links