Finally Decided on new CCW!!! Glock 33

This is a discussion on Finally Decided on new CCW!!! Glock 33 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a S&W M&P 9c that I am trading. I love the gun and practically new. I so should have got the S&W M&P ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Finally Decided on new CCW!!! Glock 33

I have a S&W M&P 9c that I am trading. I love the gun and practically new. I so should have got the S&W M&P 40c. Should have done my research. I have zero complaints about the 9c, and enjoy the gun. Just want a little more.

I have been looking at Glocks, particularly the 36 for concealed. I do not like the capacity for the size. I also looked at the Shield, and did have the opportunity to buy one, but all they had was 9, not the 40. I preferred the 9c to the Shield. First for capacity, and second do not want the safety. Besides to me not that much of a difference, as both need to be holstered (IWB) for me.

I preferred the 9c over the Glock 26, or considered them very close. Both feel nice to me.

Was thinking of the new Springfield XDS, but I hate the safeties. If I need to pull, I want to pull trigger and boom. Unless of course, I am carrying one of my 1911's.

Decided on a Glock 33. .357 Sig. Even though the local Springfield dealer told me that Glocks do not have supported chambers, and is likely to grenade in your hand. LOL
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Congrats on the 33. I have a 36 and I'm a happy camper. Choices are a good thing
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

WOW, the Kool-Aid stand is doing a great business these days

Decided on a Glock 33. .357 Sig. Even though the local Springfield dealer told me that Glocks do not have supported chambers, and is likely to grenade in your hand. LOL
    he is referring to the .40 and reloads, not recommended in Glock

For the Glock experts. So I can drop in a barrel from a Glock 27 and have a 40 SW? Or a barrel from a 26 and have a 9mm (And add mags)?
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

I think the 27 barrel swap will work.

For 9mm you should get a dedicated conversion barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I think the 27 barrel swap will work.

For 9mm you should get a dedicated conversion barrel.
    That was mainly what I was concerned about anyway was going to .40. Thanks for the info.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Where is a place to get good barrels for conversions...Do then have to be fitted for headspace gap???
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Congrats on the fine choice for a carry gun. The G33 will treat you good.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I still have my G33, it was not only my first CCL gun, but my first handgun period.. Bought it back in 98. You will enjoy it, it's rocket launcher! Has almost the same trajectory as a .308.. Not much it can't penetrate, even a front windshield. Only thing I added was the plug in the bottom and a pierce extension on the mags. HOOAH!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    In my opinion, the G33 is an awesome carry choice! Well Done!

Also for a little info, the factory Glock barrel for the G27 OR the Factory Glock barrel for the G23 will both fit your G33. Of corse the G23 barrel will extend past the slide by about an inch but it does fit the gun. Neither of which will take any extra work to make them fit if you buy from Lone Wolf, Storm Lake, KKM, bar sto. Those and of course the factory Glock all just drop in and you are good to go. If you are going to .40, your .357 mags will work for .40 just fine.

I have the .40 cal series of Glocks and have .357sig barrels from Lone Wolf for my G23,27 and 22.

Also I own this for my G27 and will be what you need to shoot 9mm from your G33:
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/27&33 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length - $109.95

Of corurse it's back ordered though.
    Remember, that your G33 mags will NOT feed 9mm. You WILL have to buy the 9mm mags for the G26,19,17 or the awesome 33rounder. All will fit your gun.

Hope this helps.
    zonker1986 and hinkleid like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

After reading your second post, the barrel from the G26 DOES NOT fit in your G33. You have to buy the conversion barrel. The outside diameter of the G26 barrel is smaller than the G33 therefore it will fit too loosely to function properly. Glock doesn't make conversion barrels because they want to sell the other gun instead of just the barrel.
    hinkleid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post

Also for a little info, the factory Glock barrel for the G27 OR the Factory Glock barrel for the G23 will both fit your G33. Of corse the G23 barrel will extend past the slide by about an inch but it does fit the gun. Neither of which will take any extra work to make them fit if you buy from Lone Wolf, Storm Lake, KKM, bar sto. Those and of course the factory Glock all just drop in and you are good to go. If you are going to .40, your .357 mags will work for .40 just fine.

I have the .40 cal series of Glocks and have .357sig barrels from Lone Wolf for my G23,27 and 22.

Also I own this for my G27 and will be what you need to shoot 9mm from your G33:
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/27&33 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length - $109.95

Remember, that your G33 mags will NOT feed 9mm. You WILL have to buy the 9mm mags for the G26,19,17 or the awesome 33rounder. All will fit your gun.

Hope this helps.
    G23 Storm Lake .40 barrel in the G33.

AZJD1968 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post

Hope this helps.
    I am not too terribly concerned with going to 9. Maybe one day if I get bored.

Of the brands you mentioned for the barrels is there a preference ? (Which are good, better, etc?).
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I love my Glock 33
    Long time ago, I chronographed it (average for 5 shots)
    Gold Dot 125 gr. @ 1,315 fps / 480# KE
    Cor-Bon 125 gr. @ 1,324 fps / 486# KE
    Lots of power in a packable, concealable, package.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

I own 3 Lone Wolf .357sig 2 Lone wolf 9mm conversions, 1 storm lake 9mm conversion, and a KKM 10mm conversion for my G30. The barrel that Zonker has shown in his G33 is a Storm Lake barrel for the G23. All seem to me to be of the same quality. lone Wolf has a funky trademark of the wolf on the top of their barrel that looks wierd but the quality of the barrel is fine. I dont own a bar-sto product but I hear they are good also.
    To answer your question, I think that you are good to go with any of them. like I said, I own 3 different manufactures barrels and all seem to be of the same quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links