FNS-9 Need Information on it Please

This is a discussion on FNS-9 Need Information on it Please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a package price is becoming available for this gun. black over black with trig night sites and 3 mags for under $500 delivered. this is ...

Thread: FNS-9 Need Information on it Please

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar

FNS-9 Need Information on it Please

a package price is becoming available for this gun. black over black with trig night sites and 3 mags
    for under $500 delivered. this is the LE edition. but for a couple of y-tube spots, information
    is scarce. it would find most of its use as a house gun, teaching tool and range toy.
    this is for a girl who has carry guns already.

in 9mm.....anyone have one? any thoughts on this??
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

2. Remove Ads

I played with one at my local GS, and dude, it is a nice gun. Great trigger and much thinner than the regular FN pistols. Its on my short list of must have pistols.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

JD
    Administrator
    TDI just released some data showing a slide lock up issue.

6/11/12 UPDATE-

I spent the weekend teaching down at TDI and talked to some of the guys about how the FN has continued to perform as a hard use range gun. The instructors carrying them noted a very serious problem with the gun which had gone unrecognized until recently.

There are a couple of situations where the slide will lock up cannot be racked. When this happens, the slide can only be released by pulling the trigger. This can be disasterous in a defensive situation (especially during a malfunction if you can’t clear a bad round) and dangerous even for more casual shooting if an inexperienced person is unfamiliar with the problem.

ccording to the instructors with whom I spoke, the slide locking problem happens most often if the muzzle is struck (which could occur during a struggle over the gun or if the gun is dropped in a fight). It doesn’t seem to take much force to cause the slide to freeze.

Slide lockup also occurs when the butt of the gun is struck while the muzzle is pointed in any direction below horizontal (from parallel with the ground downward). This could happen when aggressively seating a magazine or when performing a malfunction clearance drill.

The TDI webmaster posted a couple of short videos on YouTube to demonstrate the problems.
    You can read about it here:

FNS-9 Pistol Update | Active Response Training

I've got one, no issues with it. Great shooting gun, runs great with any ammo, accurate, and very soft recoiling.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    thanks all
    JD thats a deal breaker---it will get fixed im sure. but the shelflife of the $$ will be gone by than.

M&P a size up from the Shield seems likely now.

again to thank youse for the imput.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links