Springfield Armory XDS

Springfield Armory XDS

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory XDS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone out there pick up a SA XDS yet, and if you have are you as pleased as I am ?...

Thread: Springfield Armory XDS

Springfield Armory XDS

Anyone out there pick up a SA XDS yet, and if you have are you as pleased as I am ?

Edit: I was looking in the forum sorry fella

Thanks, chammons

VIP Member
    I think it looks like a very cool gun. My issue with XD's are the trigger, but never reliability, capacity, and features. Good luck and enjoy! I am looking forward to shooting one.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I dropped by the local Gander Mountain (whose prices have fallen into merely the upper limit of reasonable), and they've already sold three, but didn't have one on hand to handle.

I can... almost... afford... one...
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I was seriously considering a XDS in .45 or possibly waiting for the 9mm version but finally decided against. The longer I carry the more utilitarian I become in regards to my defensive guns and I just don't want any unneeded doodads and such like the thumb safety's or grip safety's. I originally thought I was OK with the grip safety but I can think of a few reasons why I may not be able to get a "proper" firing grip on my gun and in that case I don't want my gun rendered unusable. That being said, I'm sure it will be a great option for people that don't mind the grip safety.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I think it looks like a very cool gun. My issue with XD's are the trigger, but never reliability, capacity, and features. Good luck and enjoy! I am looking forward to shooting one.
    I played with one last weekend, and the XDs has a very good trigger. It is not a regular XD trigger, and I agree that regular XD's have weird, mushy triggers.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I picked one up 2 days ago at a LGS.... Very nice little gun. Very slim and will make for a good carry gun. Ive only run about 100 rds thru it but so far its great.

I agree with you Rollo on things being simple is better... it took many years to get me away from only owning revolvers and buy my first semi auto... and I only bought it because it was a DAO S&W and had no safety to worry about.
    the grip safety on the XD or XDs doesnt even cross my radar to worry about. Ya have to get a really sloppy grip to not activate it.

I've been following the xds closely.
    So far, all the reports I've come across have been positive.
    I hope to get a first-hand look at one soon, but will be waiting for the 9mm model.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links