The kool aid strikes again

This is a discussion on The kool aid strikes again within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was thinking about picking up a shield when this little guy came along. Gen 3 g23 with mepro night sights. Already had the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The kool aid strikes again

The kool aid strikes again

So I was thinking about picking up a shield when this little guy came along.

Gen 3 g23 with mepro night sights. Already had the tlr3 and I picked up the serpa today. I just ordered a Troy iwb rig for it too.

and all the glockophiles cheered in unison for another xd fan has fallen...

2. Remove Ads

Good pickup congrats

Great find! Congrats!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Perfect.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Haha thanks guys. I got this for cc and backpacking. Turns out the serpa cqc paddle will actually fit over the padded waist belt on my mountainsmith pack. Sweet!

Standard issue of the EFF BEE EYE. Can't go wrong with a G23. I see a Glock 27 in your future.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

stop playing with it and go clean the kitchen....lol

Oh I'm sure there will be a few other glocks. Definitely a 17 and probably a 21sf.

My mom used to say that a lot...but she wasn't talking about my gun! Ahahah

Pardon the gut! I was pretty excited to see how securely the holster fit on my backpack.

It will be getting a grip force beavertail and ghost connector ASAP. I believe I'm also going to sand and stipple the front strap, glock's finger grooves don't line up right for me.

Looks like you got a Serpa for the subcompact Glock 26/27/33. I have a Serpa for the compact Glocks 19/23/32 and a smaller one like yours for the subcompacts. No big deal if you don't mind the barrel sticking out the bottom.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Nice pistol! The compact Glock is just about the perfect multipurpose size in my opinion (although I prefer the higher capacity 9mm flavor). If you get the chance, you may want to do a little research on the Serpa. In some hard training circles the Serpa is pretty well knowing for being a humongous piece of crap. Granted, they are cheap and work just fine most of the time on the square range if you don't plan on getting them dirty. However, there are quite a few high profile classes/trainers that prohibit those holsters due to the problems associated with them.

There are better options available including Safariland for your more overt style of carry or Raven Concealment Systems which can be configured for both IWB or OWB. Just thought I'd pass the word along, hate to see you Grebner yourself! Oh, and my opinions on holsters have been formed by personal experience with all of the above mentioned. Military Arms Channel just does a great job reiterating the same reasons why I choose to carry my G19 concealed in a Raven Concealment Phantom IWB or a Safarliland if I'm wearing it overtly. Either way I carry it with a Surefire x200 attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpxVG9XFJc

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition. Resistance is futile. ;-)

Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Looks like you got a Serpa for the subcompact Glock 26/27/33. I have a Serpa for the compact Glocks 19/23/32 and a smaller one like yours for the subcompacts. No big deal if you don't mind the barrel sticking out the bottom.
    it is indeed for the smaller glocks but it was all the shop had so i went for it.

thanks sparky! i think its perfect too, its light enough that i dont mind carrying it while on the trail unlike my 5in xd which felt excessively heavy. the serpa is just a backpacking and range holster. ive been using the serpa off and on for about 6 years. ill probably pick up a thigh safariland 6004 for my 17 eventually.

thanks defcon and matt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links