The M&P Kool-Aid Is Strong!

This is a discussion on The M&P Kool-Aid Is Strong! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well a special thanks goes to Springfield for having a big FAIL on the release of the XD-S, forcing me into getting the M&P Shield ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The M&P Kool-Aid Is Strong!

The M&P Kool-Aid Is Strong!

Well a special thanks goes to Springfield for having a big FAIL on the release of the XD-S, forcing me into getting the M&P Shield to hold me over.

Needless to say I've been very impressed with the Shield in 9mm, a very well thought out design that got me curious what else they offered. This led me to the M&P 9mm Compact which arrived today at my FFL. Although I only had time to give it a quick cleaning and run just over 50 rounds through it before picking my kids up, I could feel the same attention to detail I noticed in my Shield in this gun and knew right away why the Shield's roots made it so popular, so quickly.

Couple minor nitpicks:
    The Shield doesn't have an ambi-safety.
    So far I've been unable to work the ambi slide release with my left hand on the Compact.

I have no doubt the XD-S is all it was supposed to be, I'm sure it's an excellent release by Springfield and will be wildly popular. I enjoy my XDM a lot, but there's just something about the M&P series that really hit me.

S&W M&P by N0YZE Photo, on Flickr

S&W M&P by N0YZE Photo, on Flickr

2. Remove Ads

I actually had the chance to buy a Shield. Only in 9, because 40 was unavailable. So I got the 9c.

I really liked the 9c, and you will enjoy yours. It is very accurate and soft shooter.

I just traded the 9c for a Glock 33. I like it too. Just didn't see the need to keep the 9c, nor lose by trading. I traded straight up so lost no money. Both are new.

Enjoy your Shield and 9c. I just wanted a little extra pepper over the 9. :)
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

ONLY problem I had with the S&W is that silly white "CAUTION-CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED". Well no duh, if you chambered a round S&W. I wonder if there is a ay to get that off without any surface damage.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    ONLY problem I had with the S&W is that silly white "CAUTION-CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED". Well no duh, if you chambered a round S&W. I wonder if there is a ay to get that off without any surface damage.
    Well, if there weren't so many Darwin's out there, and lawyers out there who want to help Darwin shirk their responsibility they wouldn't have to put that on there to protect their self.
    SWIll and itschuck like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I do understand. Like the "Coffee is Hot" on the cup. But I can throw the cup away. I don't need directions permanently printed on a $500 (or above) gun. If I didn't know that it could still fire just by removing mag, then maybe I should have stuck with my nunchuks.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

sgb
    Buy one with the magazine disconnect if it disturbs you so much.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I'm always so tempted to dabble in the M&P 9 line of pistols, especially since the release of the Shield. Problem is, I'm already invested in 9mm Glocks. I like them, shoot them well, and don't really see any need to change other than the want of a new gun! I highly doubt I'll ever ditch my G17 and G19 for the M&P9 and 9c, and I'll probably end up with a G26 for my hot weather gun. However, my wife just might happen to need a Shield that I could borrow from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Buy one with the magazine disconnect if it disturbs you so much.
    Traded it for a Glock 33. Not too much writing on it.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    I'm always so tempted to dabble in the M&P 9 line of pistols, especially since the release of the Shield. Problem is, I'm already invested in 9mm Glocks. I like them, shoot them well, and don't really see any need to change other than the want of a new gun! I highly doubt I'll ever ditch my G17 and G19 for the M&P9 and 9c, and I'll probably end up with a G26 for my hot weather gun. However, my wife just might happen to need a Shield that I could borrow from time to time
    I love my m&p's. I am picking up my glock 17 this weekend. First glock ever but at $350 for a glock 17 Gen 4 with only 20 rounds through her.....I couldn't pass. Maybe I will like it? If not I will sell it and go back to m&p. I have the 45 full size and 9mmc. I love them both but the 9c is my edc mainly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I love my M&Ps, all 3 of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Man; you think the M&P Kool-Aid is good you should have tried the Glock Kool-Aid. It would have made the m&p Kool-Aid taste like a Costco store brand

Distinguished Member
    Not only for the lawyers but they do have versions with mag safeties which, when a mag is not in the pistol, it is INcapable of firing. So, there should be something to be able to know right away which one you are dealing with.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

It took me a while to get used to my m&p9c. But Im one with the gun now. Give yours some time Im sure itll be the same. At first I hated mine and almost sold it. But gave it a bit more break in time and now I like it more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links