My M&P Shield makes me want a full size M&P too

This is a discussion on My M&P Shield makes me want a full size M&P too within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone felt or heard or sensed trigger reset during a fight?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My M&P Shield makes me want a full size M&P too

Has anyone felt or heard or sensed trigger reset during a fight?
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    If you want one of the other M&Ps, you may want to wait for a while. The word going around is the Shield trigger is going to be intergrated into the rest of the M&P line. S&W has been mum on the subject but that has been the word floating around.
    My gun range just received 2 new full size 4-1/2 M&Ps in 9mm today. These new models come stock with night sights and, best of all, the Shield trigger!!!! Bought a Shield the day they came out on April 12th and just love the trigger.

The night sights are apparently the same as on the 4-1/2" Pro model, which are fine for me. One of these has my name on it - should pick it up next week!

I knew they were going to put the Shield trigger in the FS some day, but didn't know it was happening now!!! I don't know of other models - .40 cal, .45 cal, compact, .357 Sig, etc but would assume they are either available now or "soon".

Tommato

One other nice thing: the full size M&P with Shield trigger comes with 3 magazines instead of the usual 2!!

Tommato

Quote Originally Posted by BWBracelets View Post
    I love my shield in every way. So much so that I want a fullsize M&P too. I was thinking it would be wise to have a full size for the range, training, and possibly a primary CCW with the shield as a back up or for the wife to carry.

I heard that the trigger on the full size M&P is different than that of the shield. Are the guns too similar/different to warrant buying the shield's big brother? What are your thoughts on buying the full size for the purposes stated above?
    Recently I watched some videos that made me change my thinking about "wife carry". Get her an M&P9C not the shield. Almost double the ammo, but not double the size. I like my 9C better than the full sized 9mm I had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links