Back from range with late model Gen 3 19. Not pleased. - Page 2

Back from range with late model Gen 3 19. Not pleased.

This is a discussion on Back from range with late model Gen 3 19. Not pleased. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by multistage Got a faceful of brass. And I plan to run this at tomorrow's shoot. This truly sucks. I put a mag ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Back from range with late model Gen 3 19. Not pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Got a faceful of brass. And I plan to run this at tomorrow's shoot. This truly sucks. I put a mag through it when I got it, and do not remember getting clobbered like this. 80 odd rounds today, and you never knew where the next empty was headed. Just got this back from having the trigger guard undercut. No other mods other than a set of Ameriglos. Will have to call Glock on Monday. Luckily, a friend is a cop and a Glock armorer, and said he will drop it in. From what I hear, Glock will only send parts to an armorer.

Not pleased. My Gen 3 32 runs well. I hope the Gen 4 23 I ordered this morning runs well.
    If your G23/4 is like mine you'll be very pleased with the ejector. I've put 300 rounds through and every case popped clean out about 6-7 feet dead right. I did have one stove pipe but I dropped the cartridges in the leaves (I have a range in the woods) and had to pick them out one by one. I wiped them down but probably left some debris on one of them. I need a table out there. Too old to use a fallen tree as a table/bench.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
    I've had the same problem with my Glock 19 that was made in 2011. It is an "SDB" serial prefix. I believe that this ejection issue is present in S and T serial-ed gen 3 G19s.
    I have a TCD (April 30th, 2012) serialed Gen4 19, haven't had any problems with it so far.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

30274 Ejector will clear up your prob.,since I am a Glock armorer I have first hand knowledge tmoore had it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I've tried 2 different Extractors from Glock and one of the Lone Wolf ones. Nothing changed. Still brass to the face and a couple stovepipe malfunctions. Changing a Ejector out is simple. You grab it with a pair of pliers, and pull it out. Wrap the metal ejector in Blue painters tape and also put that same tape on the pliers's teeth to keep from marring the ejector.

You need to try a Glock 30274 Ejector. I am assuming the G19 you have came with the 336 Ejector installed in the Trigger Housing. You will probably have to order a new Glock Gen 4 Trigger Housing to be able to get the 30274 Ejector or a Lone Wolf Gen 4 Trigger Housing from Glockparts.com or Lone Wolf. That is the first thing I would try before anything else.

I have a Late 2011 Gen 3 G17 with the same issues. Weak random ejection which sometimes causes stovepipes because the Ejector and Extractor are not working together to really flip the spent case out of the ejection port. I've had 3 stovepipes in the last 600 rounds. Tons of rounds to the forehead, off my lip, grazing the top of my head, and even some go out forward to the right. Know this................you are not the only person in America with this issue. Glock blames it on ammo and limp wristing.

I'm headed to the range tomorrow to see if I can get mine to run with a new 30274 Ejector I just got in the mail from Glockparts.com. Good luck

ETA: For your reading pleasure.

Want Your Ejection Problems Solved? Listen to Dave. - Glock Talk

Glock 19 Extractor Woes

Randy's dissertation on erratic ejection and extraction in the Gen 4 Glock 9mm pistol - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Ordered a Gen 4 Lone Wolf Trigger Housing because it came with a 30274 Ejector. Installed it in my Gen 3 Trigger Housing for my G17 that has been ejecting brass into my forehead and also causing some doublefeeds and stovepipes. I was also using the WhiteSound HRED Spring and a Glock dip extractor.

I didn't have much time at the range but put 150 rounds through it with no brass to the face or head. There is still an occasional weak ejection, (2 or 3 out of the 150 rounds) but everything seemed to be ejecting at about 4 o'clock.

So my sample size of one is getting a little better.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Tangle.....good point on how it can be a part but the cause may be deeper than the 1st thing we notice.

driving (sic) that point home are articles from car mags that the body style may be 5 years ( with minor tweaking) but the new electronics change almost continuously. this makes it hard for the consumer to know year to year what they are actually getting in terms of electronic reliability.

some time in the near past the real world became the test bed for a product; for the manufacture it became cheaper to recall and repair --often fighting that the consumer did it--till the www helped link occurances thus showing that the manufacture was lying about it. just another little indicator that society is failing.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The first problem is that it is a glock. You are right to send it back just let them know to keep it! I'm kidding. This is an interesting deal with the 3-4 gens. I feel it has helped me learn a lot, even if its in regards to glocks, specifically. Good luck, and how'd you do with the 32 at the shoot?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I've tried 2 different Extractors from Glock and one of the Lone Wolf ones. Nothing changed. Still brass to the face and a couple stovepipe malfunctions. Changing a Ejector out is simple. You grab it with a pair of pliers, and pull it out. Wrap the metal ejector in Blue painters tape and also put that same tape on the pliers's teeth to keep from marring the ejector.
    Actually you can push the ejector out of the trigger housing from the rear using a very thin blade screwdriver.
    Just a word on changing out the extractor......you can still find the old style SP01889 which is the non-LCI.....the catch is that the spring loaded bearing used with the LCI extractors should not be used with the non-LCI extractors so if you change the extractor you need to be aware of this and find the part SP01197 to go with a non-LCI extractor. I have no idea what kind of aftermarket parts some of you folks get into with your Glocks for your own reasons........and I know all too well (because I'm a licensed electrician) that everyone is an electrician (to some extent) and I've fixed plenty of DIY jobs before they burned down the house........ Glock pistols are pretty simple to work on, take apart, toy with different parts, etc...... It's most often things you don't know that get you into trouble on down the road.
    Glock on and be safe.

Glock was pretty good about the whole dead. Shot me a FedEx voucher to get it there and back. Said there are several updated parts that will be installed. I expected them to perform, and was glad to see that they did.
    10thmtn likes this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    have a g23, no problems seems to only be with the 9mm
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Glock was pretty good about the whole dead. Shot me a FedEx voucher to get it there and back. Said there are several updated parts that will be installed. I expected them to perform, and was glad to see that they did.
    That's totally awesome! I'm certified armorer and have to fax in my orders then wait about three weeks for delivery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links