Wanting a pocket 9mm-- Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec P11

This is a discussion on Wanting a pocket 9mm-- Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec P11 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My dad owns a PF-9 and I absolutely hate the stupid thing. you have to depress the mag release to reinsert the magazine! I simply ...

View Poll Results: Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec P-11

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • P-11

9 19.15%
  • PM9

38 80.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wanting a pocket 9mm-- Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec P11

My dad owns a PF-9 and I absolutely hate the stupid thing. you have to depress the mag release to reinsert the magazine! I simply won't trust it alone, if I were to be carrying it, it'd be as a backup weapon only.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Why not buy the CM9.

I had a pf-9 and was functionly a great gun hated the recoil but thats do to the weight. Also had a p-11. Trigger sucked and really to thick for pocket carry but great idea. After picking up a real deal on a used cw9 kahr that shot great I bought a new cm9 and that is my pocket cc. Its weight is closer to the p-11 but smooth and easier to shoot and control. Price is in the low 400 to high 300 range . All of these ran 600 trouble free rounds each. I also never had to depress anything to load a mag with the pf-9.

the shield is striker fired just like your glock would that be an option

Actually, the M&P Shield could be an option. Particularly since it's a Smith&Wesson, and it's a 9mm (I don't really care for .40 calibers, there's more recoil, the ammo is more expensive, they have a lower round count, and I don't think it's necessary unless you're law enforcement). I'm still going to get a P-11, as my local gun guy has one in his
    shop. So, I guess the question now is, do I want the Shield? I'll let other people be the guinea pigs for awhile!

Well i could say im the guinea pig i have 500+ rnds through mine without any failures!

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Go with a CM9, but at least handle both guns side by side so you can really see the differences. The CM9 is just a tad more than the P11.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I have a P11 and the ejector broke w/in the first year - it's not a comforting feeling seeing a round hanging in mid air just above the mag well. I'd look at the CM9 or Shield.

I have both the CM9 and the CW9. They both have been 100% reliable. The felt recoil is very light for their size.

RKM
    Not even a fair comparison. Kahr, by a long shot.

If it's in your price range, Rohrbaugh all the way.

If not, PM9.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by dean1818 View Post
    CM9 is a closer comparison

Shoot both......... I bet you will like the CM9 better

I went with the CM9

agree. CM-9 about $200 cheaper than PM-9 with no significant disadvantages, imo, except that it comes with only one 6-round magazine. i have one and am VERY happy with it. The PF-9 was my other possible choice over ALL the other "mini 9's" on the market. (Ruger LC-9, Kimber Solo, Sig P-290, Beretta Nano, Diamondback DB-9, Rohrbach 9) i also like the S&W Shield/9mm, but i consider it too large for pocket carry.

i also second crue2009 that you should try the Kel Tec PF-9. you can CARRY the P-11 in a pocket, but will you be able to DRAW it easily? (because of the fatter grip) the PF-9 is essentially a P-11 with a single stack magazine/thinner grip.

pf-9 and p-11 do not have have the same trigger pull . P-11 is one of the worst out out there.

Now being the past owner of a pf-9 p-11 and a cm9 & cw9 kahrs it is very hard to compare shotablity. Sold the KTs for kahrs. I do use a 8 shot mags as a backup in my cm9.

The Kel Tec PF9 would be a better match than the PF11. Slim like the Kahr. LGS has them for $279. My brother has one and likes it fine. I'd put them both in your hand and see which feels better. If it is a draw start with the PF9 and put some of the left over money into ammo. Kel Tec warranty is pretty sweet as well.

For those that hate the feel of the grip put a piece of bicyle inner tube over it and the grip gets better and no more grip bite or slip.

I own a PM9 and love it, however, I don't consider it a pocket gun. It will fit in cargo pants or dockers but it's a squeeze in jeans. Easy and comfortable to conceal in an IWB holster.
    Kahr PM9
    M&P 9mm
    Springfield TRP
    Dan Wesson CCO

Don't take today for granted, there might not be a tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links