Anyone carry a CZ 97??

Anyone carry a CZ 97??

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a CZ 97?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I was wondering if anyone carried a CZ 97 45acp? I have a G21 4th gen and I can carry that quite well in ...

Anyone carry a CZ 97??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone carried a CZ 97 45acp? I have a G21 4th gen and I can carry that quite well in a kydex holster made by a fellow on Glock Talk. It is much like the Raven Holster...looks the same actually but cheaper in cost. I have never handled a CZ 97 but am considering getting one once I sell the G21. I have a couple CZ's and much prefer them over Glock. I know the 97 is not small, but neither is the Glock 21...so any info is much appreciated!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Hi there.

If you can carry a Glock 21 then you will probably have no problem with the 97B or 97BD.

I carried a 97B in a High Noon holster for a couple years before CZUB came out with the RAMI.

Look toward HN (www.highnoonholsters.com)if you get a 97 for a CZ specific quality holster and even a belt.

More info on the 97B:
    For the 97B Owner and Admirer!
    Good luck with your purchase.

KEV

the 97 is WAY too big for me, but a co-worker of mine had one and really loved it. he is a much taller man than i am, with proportionally larger hands. if you can reach/press the trigger in DA mode without problems, and have no trouble operating the safety with your thumb (no shifting your grip to do it), you should be golden. imo, a wonderful gun. heavy, but therefore very easy to shoot. great classic design and solid construction. typically very reliable.

i can't even use the 75 compact - the DA reach is just too long, and i can't reliably disengage the safety, so i couldn't carry it in condition one either. a great disappointment, as i really like that gun.
    Last edited by sensei2; June 20th, 2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: deleted 3/4 of my post - too much talk!

I love CZ, but the 97 is a HUGE gun for only a 10 round mag. I wish they would come out with a CZ 97 with like a 13 round mag in 10mm. I would be on that like right now.

VIP Member
    I like to carry big service size pistols, but the 97b seems to be a bit too much for CC. If you were to OC with a good OWB holster, it would be a different matter.

The gun itself is a joy. Carrying it is the only issue.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    I'm and admitted CZ-aholic. I have no problem carrying a full size 1911 and contemplated a CZ 97. Unfortunately the 97 just didn't feel right in my hand.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links