Help me choose please - M&P 9c vs XD9 subcompact - Page 3

Help me choose please - M&P 9c vs XD9 subcompact

This is a discussion on Help me choose please - M&P 9c vs XD9 subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my subcompact. Some will claim that its heavy for its size but I just feel that helps tame what minimal recoil there is. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help me choose please - M&P 9c vs XD9 subcompact

I love my subcompact. Some will claim that its heavy for its size but I just feel that helps tame what minimal recoil there is. No problem concealing it under a small tshirt and Im only 5'6" 135.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I got SO excited would have bought it right now - out of stock

Thanks though, I'm not very familiar with online gun sales yet and hadn't found that page. Will keep an eye out.
    Just give them a shout. They have a lot of inventory and I'm sure they will be restocking soon. They are good to deal with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I can only speak for the the xd as I have a xdm compact 3.8 and I love it. Not too light not too heavy, pretty easy to conceal. Shoots great and really doesn't discriminate against any ammo.
    I did manage to get mine at a great price 650$ brand new with: case, lock, grips, belt holster, cleaning kit, 2 high capacity magazines, normal magazine, magazine holster and quick loader.
    I don't regret my purchase at all of the xd.

All about having a good time

I have both, ok, I have the XDm compact, the wife has the M&P9c (and rarely lets me shoot it), and I would go with the M&P9c. It's ergonomics are fantastic, feels tiny in my hands (I have very large hands) yet still solid. Get a nice crimson trace on it, and it's the perfect pocket gun.

M&P All the way ; ) PS It's a Fine Gun
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I own both. And while there close to the same size. The m&p seems just a bit smaller. There both great guns I just had a hard time getting used to the m&p trigger but that issye is smoothing out now. The xd is more broke in so it shoots a bit better.
    sid1 likes this.

My edc is an XDM 3.8 .40 and my wife's is the XD9sc. We sold the LC9 because neither of us enjoyed shooting it, which didn't make it the best choice for self defense. The XD9sc is a great little gun. Small enough to hide, big enough to hold. It came with a 13 round mag for CC and 2 extended mags for the range or nightstand. We've yet to have a malfunction with either of our Springfields other than loading empty brass in with the good rounds for practice clearing them. I have nothing bad to say about S&W but I wouldn't trade my XDM for one.
    sid1 likes this.

I can't tell if you're a guy or a gal from your post but I thought I'd give you a women's perspective anyway. My experience is similar to yours. My very first gun was my XD9SC. I learned on it. I am accurate with it. I am comfortable with it. It's flawless after a year. I like the long, easy pull of the trigger. Feels like somewhere between a SA and DA. No thumb safety - yay! Doesn't conceal really well on some occasions (that's why I'm getting an XDS also, not IPO). My husband hates it. I think it's too small for his liking (he really likes my XDM.45). I added Pearce extension grips for the smaller mags. I have a Blackhawk OWB serpa holster and a CBST IWB holster.

I don't know anything about the M&P.

Hope this helps!
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Thanks for all the help!

DAO.Diva, I am female and I appreciate your perspective, thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links