got in some good practice.

This is a discussion on got in some good practice. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all. yesterday I decided to take out the ole XDM45 compact and kill the first paper BG that looked at me wrong. In retrospect, ...

hello all.
    yesterday I decided to take out the ole XDM45 compact and kill the first paper BG that looked at me wrong. In retrospect, I should have brought along a different type of ammo but as money is tight I decided to just grab a box of some WWII spam can 45 ammo that I cracked open 2 years ago and have had laying around. just a word of warning, if you take ammo, seal it in an airtight container and then open it 7 decades later, it will run flawlessly but if you don't shoot it in a timely manner it starts to get funky. jackets were stripping off the bullets in flight and had a number of fail to fires but they all went off after a second feeding. I got a LOT of training with clearing failures and got pretty good at trigger control by the end. luckily while I was shooting in the navy I had the same problem with jackets stripping off so I got pretty good at telling which holes were from bullets and which holes were just shrapnel from the jackets. I shot a standard Navy pistol course(12 shots at 3 yards with reloads and hand changes, 12 shots at 7 yards with reloads and hand changes, and 24 shots at 15 yards with reloads both standing and kneeling). out of 240 points(48 shots times 5)I scored 237 which ties my previous record set with an M9. for me, that is outstanding for a compact of any caliber. I just felt like sharing
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Good practice!!! Unfortunately I don't get to practice as much as I used to. I no longer have a 300 acre farm with permission to shoot on it 5 minutes from my house. I do have a range inside of 10 minutes though.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I know what you mean. my backyard shooting range is only open until the empty plot behind my house gets new tenants. when that day comes I am definitely going to have a harder time getting trigger time in.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

VIP Member
    Good shooting and good fun!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Links